Windows 7 64 bit locking up

chugnalng

First I am thanking everyone for their past support.

I am running 7 RC 7100.....Puter continously locks up........I have to shutdown via the on off button.....It will run ok for 10 minutes and lock up again.......

Thanks
Dan

I have an Intel E6550 dual-core processor. When I first installed Win7 64bit I had problems and a week later my system died. Intel replaced both the motherboard and the processor. My guess is my processor had a problem that only appeared when I went to 64bit. When the replacement arrived I loaded Win7 64bit and haven't had a problem. FWIW, the processor has a three-year warranty.

Why not, 64-bit is still worth running even with only 2GB's of ram.. ;) It doesn't run as good as with 4GB's but it's still good in my opinion.. :)

32 bit runs better with 4GB too.

You can run x64 on 512MB just fine. It has nothing to do with how much RAM you have. I know I'd still be using x64 if I only have 2GB of RAM.

To the OP, what causes it to lock up or is it just a random thing?

First I am thanking everyone for their past support.

I am running 7 RC 7100.....Puter continously locks up........I have to shutdown via the on off button.....It will run ok for 10 minutes and lock up again.......

Thanks
Dan

Im getting this aswell... very random the computer will just freeze.. only noticed it more this wk because ive been playing music when it just goes buzzzzzzzzzzzzz and i have to hard reset the power.. also i have i put the x86 version on a mates older PC and his has started to do this aswell.

What a pain really as Win 7 does run much faster in Games and desktop, im getting 23k with 3dmark06 on vista 64 & 24.5k on Win7 64.. .. back to vista for now..

Sorry Rad was just trying to get point across that you do not have to have more than 4GB of RAM in order for x64 to work properly. More RAM is always going to make your system run smoother with either x86 and x64.

In other words, you should not be put off x64 because you only have 2GB of RAM.

Back