Windows Vista 7 freezes while browsing Internet

kasia8526

Hi guys, I'm using 32-bit Windows 7. Everything seems to work fine until I browse the Internet. I've got both IE and Firefox installed and system freezes at some point of browsing through the web pages. Thought it could be something to do with my GPU so I updated to latest drivers but it didn't solve the problem. Any ideas? It's really annoying and I would like to continue using Win 7 for some time.

Thanks in advance.

----------------

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
2GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Realtek HD Audio
mobo abit AB9 Pro

Look in Event viewer and see if you can find out more details.

Go to Start > Run, and type eventvrw.msc and hit enter. (just copy and paste eventvrw.msc into the Run box) Now look for Windows logs and click on each one looking for Error and the Source will tell you what application is failing. Also look under Application and service logs and click on the Internet explorer entry.

If you need help with a name, simply post back, I'll try to figure out what program it is.

Ok, there's no particular IE errors, possibly cause I use FF most of the time. There also isn't many errors that have occured overall. Maybe those will give you an indication on what's going on:

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error querying for the IVssWriterCallback interface. hr = 0x80070005, Access is denied.
. This is often caused by incorrect security settings in either the writer or requestor process.

The program Rundll32.exe version 6.1.7000.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel.
Process ID: 858

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.mfc_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_none_d6c3e7af9bae13a2\MFC80U.DLL". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50608.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

But tbh I don't see any of those having anything to do with the system freezing.

There's also this one that I just found in Administrative Events, occuring quite often, which might be the cause of system shutdown.

Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x0015AF162D21. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Message after this error:

The previous system shutdown at 21:52:03 on ‎25/‎01/‎2009 was unexpected.

And another one:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I know what you're going to say, update your network card drivers. The thing is, that was the first thing I did after installing Win 7. So any other ideas?

Last edited:
That's lot of information to go through. What version of Windows 7 are you using?

What information I have found relates to Windows Server.. There is no Shadow Volume Copy service in Windows 7

Are you using any type of backup program?

Try turning off your Anti-Virus temporarily.

Right-click on the Network icon on the desktop, click on Change Adapter settings. How many adapter show up? Right-click on the enabled connection and make sure all check boxes are checked.

Post back with that information and I can better assist you.

What version of Windows 7 are you using?
I'm using build 7000 32-bit.

Are you using any type of backup program?
Nope.

Try turning off your Anti-Virus temporarily.
Will do.

How many adapter show up?
3:

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: netkc3.jpg

Right-click on the enabled connection and make sure all check boxes are checked.

They are.

my.php

Are the adapter disabled or is the red X mean they are not connecting?

Do you have an ethernet cable to enable one of the wired adapter?

I had a problem with my wireless dropping connections also.

Go to Start > Run , type in cmd, hit enter, then type ipconfig /all and see if you have an active connection and the the IP is correct.

Probably not connecting cause they are there by default. I've only set up the wireless connection on my own. Is it safe to delete them from the list?

No, I don't use any ethernet cable, the only connection I've got is through a wirless router.

I'll try config when I get home, but would dropping connection could be a reason for the system freezing?

Ok, thanks for your replies reghakr. System doesn't seem to crash so far. I'll post if I have anymore problems, but thanks for now, it seems to be stable :).

Back