Windows Vista 7 only allows IE and nothing else internet related

StressKillingMe

Well ill be honest, im not the most tech savvy person around so bare with me.
Ill keept it simple, i just bought windows 7 home premium, downloaded it from microsofts website.
Everything seems to be working fine EXCEPT the fact that the only internet application that is being allowed to run is internet explorer 8, no messengers, not steam, not even any other browsers. It wont even download somethings, i have uninstalled and installed chrome and firefox and to no avail. I played around with the internet security settings, and my firewall, and user account control nothing seems to be working. and yes my windows 7 has been activated.

Basically it seems the only application permitted to use the internet is IE8

What firewall are you running?

Did you update any anti-virus software to run in Win 7?

Have you tried resetting IE by going to tools, internet options, advanced and reset?

As was mentioned, a clean install is always best. When you do an inplace upgrade, what types of problems you may have depend on what software and drivers you were running before.

What firewall are you running?

Did you update any anti-virus software to run in Win 7?

Have you tried resetting IE by going to tools, internet options, advanced and reset?

As was mentioned, a clean install is always best. When you do an inplace upgrade, what types of problems you may have depend on what software and drivers you were running before.

I was using norton anti-virus gaming edition, which i am going to switch for kapersky most likely, according to norton it should still work for windows 7 via a liveupdate(i believe) however liveupdate isnt connecting to the internet

Back