Windows 11 a folder has permissions problems, how to restore to default

amrosia

hi,
video folder and videos inside d drive were not opening because of permissions.
if pc owner did not give control of his pc to anyone, where did permissions on the video folder come from. I used the internet to change permissions for this folder. permissions changed successfully . but opening video files inside the folder give various kinds of errors .
Also, files are not saving to the d drive.
how to fix this problem, please reply.
thanks.

Unless you backed up the ACLs there is no rollback on ACLs for any given folder save for re-installing Windows.

If you're referring to the C:\Users\<username>\Videos then just turn on inheritance and the permissions will be what they should be

Then it's very likely that drive is having physical problems, or the file system may be corrupt. I'd suggest running chkdisk on it with the following command

chkdsk D: /F

i ran chkdsk D: /F
below is result
Screenshot 2021-09-20 204828.png

but renaming a folder still wants an administrative password. But previously it didn't want the administrative passwords
plz help..

when trying to save a file on d drive gives this error message
saving prob.png

renaming a folder on this drive gives the following unexpected message, which has never received before.
rename prob.png

and deleting a folder on d drive gives the following message
delete prob.png

some nice guy on a forum gave/sent me some commands to execute them in elevated command prompt, which i executed successively but the problem remains
Screenshot 2021-08-25 234806.png
smallScreenshot 2021-08-26 004820.png

theres no such problem on other drives and on usb drives.
plz help.
thanks.

Attachments

• rename prob.png
    rename prob.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Back