Windows 11 a folder has permissions problems, how to restore to default

amrosia

hi,
video folder and videos inside d drive were not opening because of permissions.
if pc owner did not give control of his pc to anyone, where did permissions on the video folder come from. I used the internet to change permissions for this folder. permissions changed successfully . but opening video files inside the folder give various kinds of errors .
Also, files are not saving to the d drive.
how to fix this problem, please reply.
thanks.

Unless you backed up the ACLs there is no rollback on ACLs for any given folder save for re-installing Windows.

If you're referring to the C:\Users\<username>\Videos then just turn on inheritance and the permissions will be what they should be

@Neemobeer reintalling windows on c drive fixes the problem on c drive and usb drives but not on d drive. i cant even sa ve files to d drives.

Then it's very likely that drive is having physical problems, or the file system may be corrupt. I'd suggest running chkdisk on it with the following command

chkdsk D: /F

i ran chkdsk D: /F
below is result
Screenshot 2021-09-20 204828.png

but renaming a folder still wants an administrative password. But previously it didn't want the administrative passwords
plz help..

when trying to save a file on d drive gives this error message
saving prob.png

renaming a folder on this drive gives the following unexpected message, which has never received before.
rename prob.png

and deleting a folder on d drive gives the following message
delete prob.png

some nice guy on a forum gave/sent me some commands to execute them in elevated command prompt, which i executed successively but the problem remains
Screenshot 2021-08-25 234806.png
smallScreenshot 2021-08-26 004820.png

theres no such problem on other drives and on usb drives.
plz help.
thanks.

Attachments

• rename prob.png
    rename prob.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom