Windows XP A problem with my WinXP

Fahad Ahmed

Hi,

I am having problem with my WinXP machine, When I boot my Computer, It gives me an error:

"insufficient system resources exist to complete the API "

It seems like a hardware issue ,I wanted to know that if a virus actually gets into the computer does it causes any hardware issue eg. memory shortage?

Also I wanted to know that how can we use USB Storage device for installing WinXP?
I have plugged my USB drive(having winxp backup) to my Computer and want to use DOS to install WinXP,is it possible?

Thanks

You should get the info in The computer occasionally does not hibernate and you receive an "Insufficient System Resources Exist to Complete the API" error message in Windows XP with Service Pack 2, in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, or in Windows XP Media Center Edi.... Installing KB909095 should fix it. It's a resources problem, not really a hardware problem, although hardware problems may be in the whole picture, like they always may. And, if you have XP SP2, why not upgrade to SP3?

And about the viruses / malware part, well, is there anything they cannot do? If hackers can penetrate Pentagon, they can certainly penetrate my computer - which they have done twice, by the way, killing Windows to the depth. One common virus issue is CPU100 = the malware eats all your CPU power, jamming the computer. I've had that a few times too. While my personal security troubles may, mainly, grow from a too big a mouth and too bold a pen, causing some persons' primitive reactions, I doubt this is the case in general virus attacks. If not in search for monetary gain or power, the virus makers are mere hooligans. Somewhere in the nineties an IT guru was asked how many persons he would need to control the data traffic of the world, and his answer was TWO.

We have created a much more vulnerable society than mankind has ever had. Therefore, have your security software in order and updated.

Not crying WOLF here, that's not the point. The point is, ​Take care.

Back