Windows 7 about drivers and directx 10

lucifer

Hello, i have Sony VAIO VGN-FZ38M with preinstalled vista. I have upgraded to windows 7 now and i've lost the vista drivers. Computer works fine with some drivers i put, but i still need Capture Camera utility for the camera to work. I can't download the vista Capture Camera utility from the sony vaio website because of copyrights. Where can i find those drivers?

Another question of me is if the graphic card nvidia geforce 840M GT which supports directx 10 works the same with the directx 11 which i currently have.

If the Win 7 drivers for you camera are available from the Sony site, you should be able to download them. If they are not available and there are none included with Win 7, you should be able to use the Vista ones.

If your computer is more that a year old, I do not think the chipset will support DX11. I cannot seem to find a reference, so you probalby know the best information.

My computer is 1 year old, anyway i wanted to say that if directx 11 is not supported (which isnt from the graphic card) should i unistall it and install directx 10 or directx 11 takes affect as 10?

I cant download anything from the sony site and from the esupport my model is not supported. I've lost vista preinstalled drivers for camera and touch pad as i've said cant download them because of copyrights. If someone knows where i can find them i would be grateful.

Back