Accessing old Documents Folder

Hey guys,
My windows had crashed pretty bad and since it was cluttered anyway, I decided to make a clean start. since I just bought a new harddrive it seemed like the perfect moment anyway.
So I installed Windows 7 to the new harddrive, leaving the old one with windows and everything, and after all the installation stuff, I wanted to save my Data to my new harddrive, completly format the old one and use it as backup.
Everything went smoothly, but unfortunatly I forgot some rather important documents in my "Downloads" Folder. Now from the new Windows I cant reach them because the access is denied, but the old windows wont boot up...
Also, I can't format the old harddrive, because according to windows its a system partition and they cant be formatted.

Anyone got some solution? Would be greatly appreciated!

strollin

You need to "take ownership" of the documents folder on the old drive. Here's an MS article on how to do that: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753659.aspx

Once you have the data copied off, you can go into Disk Management and delete the partitions, then create new ones and format them.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.