Windows 7 acer aspire 5810t display issue

pepotiger

First off, please be patient , I feel really bad and don't know where to go or what to do.

recently, I have bought acer aspire 5810t laptop which has ati mobility radeon hd 4330 with 512 mb video memory, and 15.6 inch lcd monitor..

my problem (or my nightmare) is that the display adjustment (and the fonts too) is horrible and I can't fix it..

I tried all of the basic adjustment settings, read lots of topics about similar problems, tried most of the suggested solutions..
(note: it's a clean win 7 installation)

but what is the result? my eyes are hurting me too much!

so please, if anyone can give me a satisfying solution, it will be very appreciated.. thanks

my problem (or my nightmare) is that the display adjustment (and the fonts too) is horrible and I can't fix it.. I tried all of the basic adjustment settings ...

Could you please give a little more description ?

(Windows 7 allows you to scale you screen [Control Panel > Screen]+you can make lower resolution )

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough, the problem is not in the screen resolution, it's the color calibration, brightness and contrast..

I can't solve it, I set my settings to make my desktop, folders, etc looks good, but the web pages are very harmful to my eyes (colors, contrast and brightness) and the fonts are not clearly displayed (tried clearType and it doesn't help)..
even increasing the font size, doesn't totally fix the problem it's make the web pages looks ugly..

'pepotiger',

Are you certain any & all applicable Updates are done?

all of the updates are downloaded and installed..

In Personalize have any default settings been changed?
now yes I made some changes, but the problem exists with and without these changes.

Something is confusing me... if the laptop was "just purchased" wouldn't it be preloaded? Please explain the mention that "this is a clean install"

yes it was preloaded with windows vista home edition, and for some reason I was unable to purchase an online update. (due to credit card problem).
so I purchased a windows 7 copy.. and went through a clean installation.

thanks.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough, the problem is not in the screen resolution, it's the color calibration, brightness and contrast..

Link Removed - Invalid URL

You could try adjusting those in CCC, but I'm not sure how much that would help you. Could this be your notebook display issue ? Notebooks' dispays show worse colors than desktop monitors. If those colors are too vague and washed out, perhaps you should contact the supplier's support for the refund or warranty.

@cybercor thanks a lot, yes the only tool to calibrate my laptop screen is what you provided..

@Drew, I'm not sure if you are right, specially after lots of tries to calibrate my screen, in games, movies, apps (including the desktop)..
everything looks pretty well, except when it comes to any text.. it's very eye-harmful..

Why is the text so eye-harmful, because of the contrast ? Could you take a screenshot of that ? What resolution is set ?

I'm not sure why it's harmful, because at first look it looks ok, but after just 2 minutes of practicing my eyes start hurting me..

a complete screen shots are attached

honestly, I'm not sure which part of the screen should I print..

the brightness and contrast are just not comfortable for my eyes (specially when it comes to texts, it's really hurting my eyes), and I don't know how can solve it or show it to you..

From what your screen shots show, the video adapter renders a fine picture, so this must be really an imperfect notebook display. I guess there is not much to do about it, maybe try not to set resolutions higher than 1024 x 600/768/800 when you are working.

Hi Pepotiger

On the second screen shot the fonts seem small to me, I dont know if there is a keycombitaion that increases or decreases font size by accident also I wonder if the screen refresh rate could be changed? (Ctrl + Mouse wheel zooms in and out)

Basher

that's one of the things I'm talking about..
the resolution seems fine to me (icon sizes, windows, applications, games, etc)..
except for font size and clearness the font looks very small and not clear..

for web pages I'm using CTRL plus + to increase the font size (which increase everything else and break the page design)..

but for text which appear in the windows explorer, or any other application I can't find any solution (except the font option in the display panel which increase everything else too)..

Dear Basher, thanks a lot. you have put my foot upon the first thing I should think about (I already know about the advanced appearance settings, but I was thinking it's the only way to change the font size (which miss lot of other windows parts), your guidance helped me to go ahead and discover more about windows fonts)...

thanks dear.

Back