Windows 8 Acer Aspire Z1-601 Failure to configure windows updates

Al Green

Hi, I am having the same problem with a couple of Acer Z1-601. Have any of these things worked for anyone. I am losing the will to live with each cycle of updates and failures taking hours to complete! It would be good to know if anyone has had success. Also, is it likely that the windows 10 update may fix this issue? Thank you!

Hi Al,
Al it would be perhaps better if you created your own thread as sometimes these things can stretch on for some pages plus it saves on confusion.
Does your system run Norton too?

Hi Kemical,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I think that it does have Norton as the default anti-virus. Although I had removed this initially and encountered the same problems. I then reset the system back to default and tried again but same result. I just wondered whether anyone had pinpointed the error. Cheers

Hello,
Following on from a similar post about this issue, I was wondering whether anyone had managed to resolve the problem with these ACER machines not updating. I bought two new machines and they both have the same problem.
From the other thread people seemed to think that it was an issue with the anti-virus or the acer bespoke software but there was no resolution to what the problem was.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Kemical,

Thank you for your reply. I have already tried the MS troubleshooter which claimed to have fixed the problem and which
then happened again.

I have now un-installed all acer software and non-essential software and am trying again.

The system came with mcafee pre installed and not Norton av.

Many thanks

Hi Al,
Al would you mind explaining which updates that are failing and if you have any associated error code.

Has the operating system been recently re-installed and as of yet needs updating?

Back