Windows 7 Activation key problems!

Tyler1077

I keep getting an error saying this and that about not being activated. I have the key but when I right click the Computer and then properties there is nothing in the Windows activation part that will let me type in my key. Any ideas?
Link Removed due to 404 Error

I keep getting an error saying this and that about not being activated.

You'll need to be more specific about what "this and that" actually says.

I have the key but when I right click the Computer and then properties there is nothing in the Windows activation part that will let me type in my key. Any ideas?

If you click Start and type and enter "Activate" and you do not have the option to put in your key, you may not have an authentic copy of Win 7.

Right when I start the computer and sign in it says Your copy may not be geniune. Then I will get another one saying I need to activate my windows and then another that says something about Typing in my activation key and tells me how. I also have a black desktop and in the bottom right corner it says Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine. I just did an upgrade for student for $29.99. It rain perfect the first couple of days and then it started giving me these errors. Everything runs fine when I ignore the errors but I have the activation key here and just can't seem to find somewhere to put it in. When I go to search and type activate it gives me an error message, CODE 0x80070005. Thank you.

Right when I start the computer and sign in it says Your copy may not be geniune. Then I will get another one saying I need to activate my windows and then another that says something about Typing in my activation key and tells me how. I also have a black desktop and in the bottom right corner it says Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine. I just did an upgrade for student for $29.99. It rain perfect the first couple of days and then it started giving me these errors. Everything runs fine when I ignore the errors but I have the activation key here and just can't seem to find somewhere to put it in. When I go to search and type activate it gives me an error message, CODE 0x80070005. Thank you.

You have a mess.. if you haven't figured that out already. All indications point to the probability you have been running the Black (hacked) version of Win 7. There is NO watermark saying 7600 on any legit final version of win 7 that I have seen.

You have to back up your important personal files, programs, photos, documents,etc to ANOTHER drive or usb or dvd THEN make a bootable legit Win 7 disk, set your bios to boot from dvd then FORMAT your drive and do a clean install.
You can find links to MICROSOFT servers to download windows 7 final ISO in my blogs. Then delete ei.cfg before you burn the iso to disk. When you install you must tell it to install the version your key matches.... probably preminum. When you get to the key code window it will take your key and activate.

Wow, I knew something was going on but dang not this. Does this mean that I wasted that $29.99 or what?

No.. you need the valid key code to activate a legit copy of Win 7.

You probably had a pretty good idea that you had installed a hacked version. Fortunately I'm feeling good today because Alabama won yesterday and the Saints won today ( by the skin of their teeth).... so I'm not going to report you.

No.. you need the valid key code to activate a legit copy of Win 7.

You probably had a pretty good idea that you had installed a hacked version. Fortunately I'm feeling good today because Alabama won yesterday and the Saints won today ( by the skin of their teeth).... so I'm not going to report you.

Report me? I need to report the site I got it from! What would they do?

I honestly thought I was getting the real deal. I got an email from another student talking about it and I just followed the link and went through Windows and everything else. Is there any way to check and make sure my KEY is legit before I do all this other mess?

BTW, I shouldn't tell you I am from TN and a huge Tennessee fan then :) !

Report me? I need to report the site I got it from! What would they do?

I honestly thought I was getting the real deal. I got an email from another student talking about it and I just followed the link and went through Windows and everything else. Is there any way to check and make sure my KEY is legit before I do all this other mess?
BTW, I shouldn't tell you I am from TN and a huge Tennessee fan then :) !

I'm not going to report anyone.. i was just messin' with you. I could care less.

The student key is good. You are just trying to upgrade something you have to get rid ot.

Back