Windows 7 Activex doesn't work!

Do you have the same problem?

• Total voters

Silasje1

Hello,

On my PC (Windows 7 build 7100, ultimate) On Internet Explorer 8 Activex doesnt work anymore.

I tried these things:

• Reset Internet Explorer 8
  • Reinstall Java
  • I am an Administrator so i have the rights
Could anywone give me help!

Greetings Silas

Hi Silas,
if you checkout my screenshot you'll see the settings for active x. Just in case you didn't know these are accessed via internet options, security and custom level. You can then scroll down and either enable or click to prompt you on each setting in question.
Post back if the above is no help..

no

Hello,

This doesnt work. I get this when trying:

2ld98k6.jpg

Yup, thats right but if you read my post above thats how you fix it... You have to open the custom level security options and change the Active x settings... Look at my screenshot and you'll see where you have to go..

i treid

Hello,

I treid that but doesn't work i did those custum settings and all of that but it will show an activex bar:(

If you've gone through all the activeX settings found there and it still doesn't work then I suggest running a virus/spyware scan.

no virus

Hello,

I haven't any viruses, but is there maybe an way that i can install the newest IE8 or reinstall this wone.
:confused:
silas

If you open 'Turn windows features on or off' (see screenshot) you can disable IE8. I'd then reboot and then re-install it (reverse the process) it might be the fix!?

nope!

nope it didnt work!!!!, is there maybe away to uninstall all activex comptenents??? like systemrequirments lab is one of the activex things i instaled by nvidia.

I'm really at a loss at to what could be causing the problem especially after going through the stuff we did... I think if it was me I'd just re-install...

AxInstSV

I saw on the start programms that this service is stopped auto when running W7: activex installer (AxInstSV) so maybe it that the problem. But i will installl build 7600 because i have lost CD of build 7100.

I saw on the start programms that this service is stopped auto when running W7: activex installer (AxInstSV) so maybe it that the problem. But i will installl build 7600 because i have lost CD of build 7100.

So your gonna try a fresh install?

YEs!!!!!

i need it as fast as possible a new windows 7 becuase with out an OS i cant make things for school and stuff

Back