administrator user corrupted

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by shamir, Jan 22, 2010.

1. shamir

shamir New Member

and how can i change the admin password or create a new user using the boot cd?

2. cybercore

cybercore New Member

3. shamir

shamir New Member

OK I FINALLY SOLVED THE PROBLEM.

I used the windows cd to boot and restore the system to an earlier time, but first I found out in the bios that the usb keyboard was not enabled, so when i first tried to boot through the cd i had a problem since it asks if i want to boot through the cd i should press any key, and i wasn't able to do that since the keyboard didn't work.

I also used a regular usb keyboard and not my cordless one (the cordless keyboard still doesn't work at startup even though it is usb, any idea why?).

so lastly: how can I activate the guest account without the same bug happening again? should I create another administrator account just in case?

4. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Nice trouble-shooting, thank you for your feedback!

1. Make sure your admin account does NOT require password. Log off and then in several times to be sure.
    2. Control Panel => User Accounts => Manage another account => Turn on Guest

That's it, at system start, it should let you choose which one you wish to log in.