administrator user corrupted

and how can i change the admin password or create a new user using the boot cd?

Run msconfig w/ Admin privileges:

Start => Standard => Command Prompt => Right-Click => Run as admin = > msconfig

or => control userpasswords2

OK I FINALLY SOLVED THE PROBLEM.

I used the windows cd to boot and restore the system to an earlier time, but first I found out in the bios that the usb keyboard was not enabled, so when i first tried to boot through the cd i had a problem since it asks if i want to boot through the cd i should press any key, and i wasn't able to do that since the keyboard didn't work.

I also used a regular usb keyboard and not my cordless one (the cordless keyboard still doesn't work at startup even though it is usb, any idea why?).

so lastly: how can I activate the guest account without the same bug happening again? should I create another administrator account just in case?

Nice trouble-shooting, thank you for your feedback!

so lastly: how can I activate the guest account without the same bug happening again? should I create another administrator account just in case?
1. Make sure your admin account does NOT require password. Log off and then in several times to be sure.
2. Control Panel => User Accounts => Manage another account => Turn on Guest

That's it, at system start, it should let you choose which one you wish to log in.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.