Windows 7 administrator user corrupted

shamir

Hello,

I got a new computer last week and it was working fine up until now running windows 7 professional 64bit.
I activated the guest account and logged on to it, and when I tried to log back to the administrator ("owner") account, I got the following message (on the windows logon screen):

The User Profile Service service failed the logon
User profile cannot be loaded

Now i'm stuck on the guest account which has no privileges...
I think that just before I switched to my guest account a windows update was downloaded but i'm not sure if it was installed or not.

in addition I check the users folder from the guest account and the "owner" user seems to be empty (size 0KB) but when i run the widows essentials scan it on, it seems to be full as there are many files scanned.

I tried to shut down and restart my computer, nothing seems to work, and even when I try to access the user accounts properties with the guest account, i have to enter the administrator password, and it still can't identify the admin user...

I would realy appreciate some help!!!

thanks,

Ilan

Last edited:
I think perhaps that may not work eiter. My plan:
Shut down the computer for a cold boot. Tap the "F8" key as you are booting.
Select "Safe Mode with networking" from the boot menu.
Log into windows 7 with your personal account that holds the administrator access.
Open a command window (START--->RUN--->CMD.exe). At the command prompt type the following net user administrator /active
Log out and log back in as administrator.

no fingerprint devices involved...

I have another weird problem
I can't get to the booting screen to enter safe mode
when i restart i keep pressing F8 and nothing happens
I have my motherboard screen on (gigabyte ud7) and it says to press F12 to go to boot menu,
and then when i get there i don't see the normal safe mode screen... and also my keyboard doesn't respond in that screen (the screen allows me to boot different devices like hard disk and usb or something like that).

i don't have anything locking my f-keys.
and i CAN get into boot menu... and then it shows me a boot first devie menu... and since my keyboard doesn't respond there i have to restart again.
I can also get to my bios.

Am I supposed to write in the start menu "Control UserPasswords2" just like that? becasue that doesn't work "windows cannot access the specified device,path or file...."
anyway on my startup screen i have the following options:
F9-Xpress recovery2 (doesn't seem to work nothing happens)
F12-Boot menu (I get to the menu i described before where the keyboard doesn't respond).
DEL-BIOS setup
END-QFlash

Am I supposed to write in the start menu "Control UserPasswords2" just like that? becasue that doesn't work "windows cannot access the specified device,path or file...."
anyway on my startup screen i have the following options:
F9-Xpress recovery2 (doesn't seem to work nothing happens)
F12-Boot menu (I get to the menu i described before where the keyboard doesn't respond).
DEL-BIOS setup
END-QFlash

Yes !!!

Start => Control UserPasswords2

but no quotation marks !

Control UserPasswords2 didn't work...
I do have a cordless usb keyboard. should i bring a corded one?

Thanks for all the help though... really

Getting into Windows Safe Mode

Does F12 show you these options :

AD.PNG

no i dont get this screen.
I get to a screen which says to select which device i want to boot first, and my hard disk is checked.

Ok. One more way to get into safe mode. Open msconfig
Select the Boot ta
select "safe Boot" and "minimal"
Ok and select "restart" from the question.

If this is succesful, and my cammand works, don't forget to undo this procedure again.

Never trred this, but can you create another account from the guest account (Control Panel - user accounts)

Last edited:
Run msconfig w/ Admin privileges:

Start => Standard => Command Prompt => Right-Click => Run as admin = > msconfig

or => control userpasswords2

Back