Windows 10 Adobe Flash blocked

Fenway16

Honorable Member
I am trying to view a site that uses Adobe flash for its presentation and Chrome blocks it. There is an option on Edge to use it "once". Is it safe to do? I don't know the ins and outs of the flash product but guess it is not usually safe to use - it is out of favor obviously. Thanks.

Flash is supposed to be EOL this year, but you can enable it for Chrome if you need to.

In a Chrome tab copy and paste the following
chrome://settings/content/flash

Change it to "Ask First" after you visit the site you should be prompted to allow or not

Thanks. I went into Chrome settings to Privacy and Security and changed that flash setting to ask first but still no go on that site where it is blocked. Maybe that isn't the way to do it but looks like same path.

Hi

I've been dealing with this for years.
I have Comcast and use their homepage.

There are always videos that I click on that will not open in Chrome, it tells you to activate Flash and shows you how, but when you do it you always get a message that says we are having a problem, try again later.

It's the same for everyone as far as I know and has really been a problem for years.

I've never found a way to get around it, just below these videos on the page are videos that will run fine from YouTube etc.

I don't know why this issue is never addressed, but I've never really tried another browser to see if I can make them work there.

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks for that Mike. This isn't even a video issue. It's the way this site chooses to present their images. No motion at all except at the beginning. One image is animated - so is that a video? - I guess it is. The rest of the images are not. Flash does work on Edge but not Chrome. I did try to fix it for Chrome in the settings area but no deal. Thanks again.

I am trying to view a site that uses Adobe flash for its presentation and Chrome blocks it. There is an option on Edge to use it "once". Is it safe to do? I don't know the ins and outs of the flash product but guess it is not usually safe to use - it is out of favor obviously. Thanks.

Google Chrome also runs Flash on a click-to-run basis only these days. The browser highlights Flash content on pages with a jigsaw piece icon.

If you get a message in Chrome saying that Adobe content was blocked, you’ll need to click the jigsaw piece icon and press the Allow button.

If you can’t select the Allow button to run the multimedia content, you might need to configure Chrome’s Flash settings as follows:

1. Press the Customize Google Chrome button to open the browser‘s menu.
  2. Click Settings to open the tab shown in the snapshot directly below.
    chrome settings adobe flash player is blocked
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Advanced.
  4. Then click Contents settings and select Flash to open the options shown in the snapshot directly below.
    chrome flash settings how do i enable adobe flash player on windows 10
  5. You can unblock Adobe Flash content by switching Block sites from running Flash to Ask first (recommended).
  6. You can also add websites to the Allow list to enable Adobe Flash to always run on them. To do that, click Add, input a website URL and press the Add button.

I am surprised at how many sites still have content that requires flash with EOL coming you would think that they would update the pages.

Back