Windows 7 Adobe Reader Installation - Fix

mynd

Hello there,

For those whom might not know this is a fix while installing some software and works perfectly with adobe reader 8.1.3

Solve a problem with Windows 7 beta

An issue with the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) client in Windows 7 beta is causing Explorer and some MSI-based installers to stop working properly.
To solve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Click the Start button Link Removed - Invalid URL, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
  2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. Link Removed - Invalid URL In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.
  3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt:
    reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f
  4. Press Enter to install the solution.
  5. If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure. If "ERROR: Access is denied" displays, repeat this procedure from the top, making sure you clicked Run as administrator in step two.
HTH

Last edited:
Disabled Sessions should be joined - DisabledSessions
The whole string, if you want to paste, is
reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f

The "r" is not needed at the end.

P.S. Sorry. I am having some problems with the post. I can see that the two words still appear to be separate.. They must be joined.
If you don't want to type it all out , copy and paste into notepad and join the two words, then copy and paste back into the Command window.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about that, but no matter how hard I try I cannot get DisabledSessions to stay together as one word. Here is how it should look. - works here though.. lol

windows7-message-3.gif

I never liked Acrobat reader as it sucked up your resouces and is bloatware.

I switched to a free producted called Foxit Reader, which actually has more functions that Acrobat Reader.

You can read more about it and download it here:

Foxit Software - Downloads

By the way, it's a single executable file.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi mynd.
Not your fault. I spent a really long time trying to join those wrods up. I went out to other sites and had no problems. There is an inbuilt parsing fault on this site causing it. But it is definitely peculiar.

Hi there
Download Acrobat Reader version 9 AND DISABLE THE GOOGLE TOOLBAR OPTION on the install.

After installing UNINISTALL the Adobe updater unless you like "Nagware".

Works fine (W7 X32 and W7 X64). Sometimes some of these "toolbar" options cause more problems than they are worth.

Cheers
-K

Back