Windows 7 Aero not accessible

iCamilo

Hello Windows 7 forums, this is my first time here. I have installed Windows 7 Beta on my desktop, and I really like it, but there is some thing that ruins it. No Aero support, I have a computer with intel chipset graphics (The CPU takes care of video, no video card) and I have been trying every thing to force Aero, I have a decent computer with 2.9Ghz P4, and 1.5GB of RAM. I have tried the User Experience control panel, so the system recognizes that Aero can function on the system, but no success, after windows 7 recognized my intel graphics video setup, I did another User Experience test, and then the whole system freezes while it checks the system. Now, I am going to continue using Windows 7, but I must know a way to force Aero to appear, after all, thats why I am trying the OS. Is there any way to activate Aero? even if the computer does not support it?

How can you force your computer to activate something it doesn't support? Also I hate to say it but a P4 with 1.5GB is not really that 'decent' anymore. Have you tried allocating more shared RAM to your onboard graphics?

I am not sure either why I would force the computer to do some thing it does not support. But, I am not sure why it takes so much just to enable Aero, my PC cant use RAM as video RAM I believe.

If your graphics card is not compatible with aero then no there is no way to turn it on.

I have the same problem: my testing computer has a 128 MB graphics card and on vista Aero went on extremely well with maximum funktions but I just can't get Aero switched on in Win7. I click on the Aero theme and it saves my setting but nothing happens. Just the old Windows Basic. But when I go back to the themes it says Aero would be activated!

Is there maybe a trick to activate Aero if it doesn't want to in the normal way??? Cause I realy wanna try it!

Thanks,
UBF

Surely there must be a way to activate via 3rd party software, or some how... if not, then there is serious problem.

Of course it can be activated somehow... Problem is just how... Someone know a program or a code for the activation of Aero???

some thing just came to my mind. Windows Registry, perhaps we can hack the registry, there must be some files belonging to Aero that are instructed to function over certain conditions... See, I keep finding solutions for this issue, because I run many other stuff before, I have run WindowBlinds, and some of the themes I used, were all glass, and the PC never slowed down, so why would Aero be blocked when the PC can at least manage it... trust me, I have used FlyakiteOSX, and never slowed down my PC, and thats some heavy duty visual mods... Aero should be the same, and run on my PC.

Well ok... Actually not a bad idea with the registry... But I don't like doing things in the registry... There must be a command for the command promt or something like that... or?

What is ur WEI(Windows Experience Index) score for each category?

Well... *cough*... It's 1,0 for Aero and gaming... But still... Aero should work fine... Like I said: it works perfectly on Vista...

your video card has to support direct x 9 and since that is a 1 it probably doesnt which means aero cant work.

Aah... I just got an update for the card via Windows Update. Now Aero works... Wohhooo... :D

your video card has to support direct x 9 and since that is a 1 it probably doesnt which means aero cant work. Sorry

im glad to hear you got it working. Updating video drivers should always be a number one priority.

Back
Top Bottom