Windows 7 after installing windows 7 computer freezs !!

Mr-sony

i have a desktop , AMD Athlon x64 ( 2.4GHz) , 4G memroy ..

i am trying to install windows 7 professional , every thing goes fine with installation until the last step when the computer restarts, i got a screen saying windows start up , then the screen goes blank, i wait for more than 10 mins but nothing happens , i have repeated the installation 5 times and the same happens every time !!!!

can some one help me please

What edition are you trying to install? x86 or x64? also was said hardware working fine prior to wipe? if so did you check compatibilty for all installed hardware?

I dind't try to check the compatibiltyof the hardware, because the pc is not so old ( 1 year).
I tried both x86 and x64 versions and i always get the same issue.
Everything was working fine, but after this installation i cannot do anything.
The only thing that i can do is change the boot drive and try installing it again from a pen or cd (already made this 5 times).

well based on the limited information it points to some hardware driver bailing on the loading, what addon cards are installed? tv tuner? more than one video or sound card etc? cos you may need to fiddle in BIOS setting to disable some parts (Risky without knowledge) if that is the case.

Also when your loading it gets to the windows loading screen with coloured animated logo thing...not just the post screen?

Last edited:
Sorry i replied to the wrong post... but i have a similar issue with a Acer Aspire M5100

...every thing goes fine with installation until the last step when the computer restarts, i got a screen saying windows start up , then the screen goes blank,...

Follow the link in my last post here - worked for me anyway.
Still have have to get working driver set for the GeForce, but
at least I now know there's nothing else wrong.

Back
Top Bottom