Windows 7 all disks and printers disappear from explorr

stub1935

When i attempt to open explorer or computer, nothing displays and alll of the icons are circling as if looking for data.
This has happened 3 times, and a boot always corrects the problem. Anyone have a similar experience?

I have noticed something similar - every now and then I will "lose" all of my network drives. Ending explorer.exe and reloading it always fixes the problem. Does it forget about my drives or something?! :eek:

I have seen this once before in my life with XP, but since moving to 7, it has been a semi-regular occurrence (once a week or so)

Itried ending the explorer and restarting it, but it didn't work for me. I had to boot!!!! I've never seen this under XP, unless it was one of those explorer hangs that ended in a boot.

It was a clean install, the second clea install. In both cases I used "Windows Easy Transfer" to move settings from old system.

I'm sorry, I can't help you with that one.

I've never used the Easy Transfer Utility. From reading the Help file I gathered that it just transfers Users accounts, only files and folders from the Documents, pictures, and Shared documents folder, e-mail settings,Program settings (Warning about anti-virus, firewall, and other security programs) IE settings and Favorites

Finally you cannot transfer programs, they have to be re-installed.

Personally to me it sounds exactly like what you can do by simply copying the files and settings to a flash drive or external USB drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back