Windows 7 ALL MUSIC/VIDEOS/ DISC DETECTED AS BLANK DISC

Navneet Singh

Hello friends,
I am using dell Vostro 1088 notebook,with HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GT10N ATA Device.
I have come across a very weird problem of mine,whenever I insert disc windows shows me it as BLANK DISC with 702 Mb free space on Cd and around 4 Gb on Dvds.However,when i insert a setup discs that contains installation it successfully reads and installs.
I have tried Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs fix but without any success,visited many forums with upper and lower filter issues which is not applicable for me,tried re-installing the drivers with no success :frown:.its weird that it reads installation disc but not data disc,please help me to figure this out.

REGARDS,
Navneet

Hey,
I updated my firmware,aksed for restart,drivers installed,restarted my machine with same problem.I am unable to get the problem,If there was some problem of hardware it would not have detected setup installation disc too.Still looking for solution.Thank you anyways..

Hello,
neither of media type is detected it pops up blank disc to burn,however i can run installation disc,weird but true,tried all possible ways i said above,if have any more recommendations,do help.thank you anyways..

Back
Top Bottom