Windows 8 All Of My Programs Keep Getting Interuppted

Souliya Chittara

I am using Windows 8 and I have recently refreshed my computer. My computer was working fine before but after refreshing all of my programs keep interrupted as if something is clicking somewhere else. The top part of the program keeps going grey. There's an attachment. Please help.

Attachments

• Screenshot (39).png
    Screenshot (39).png
    163.1 KB · Views: 308
If there was nothing wrong, why did you do this in the first place? If there was anything wrong prior, please let us know. This could be one of the reasons that you are having difficulty.

If there was nothing wrong, why did you do this in the first place? If there was anything wrong prior, please let us know. This could be one of the reasons that you are having difficulty.
There is something wrong. It is interrupting my typing as I'm "speaking". I don't know where it is coming from, so it is an unknown source. The reason why I refreshed my computer is because is was a little slow. After refreshing, the only problem was present was the constant interruptions.

It is adblock pro for Google Chrome. I am pretty sure that is not the culprit though

I'm with Mike here, i.e. How are you sure? That software is a type of tracker and tracker software is a known cause of this type of issue --- in any event it should not be there.

It is interrupting my typing as I'm "speaking"

In (most common) order, tracking software then incorrect settup or faulty wireless keyboard/ mouse then motherboard on it's way out --- in my 20+ years of computer repairs I've only seen two bad motherboard (both hp models) case this problem.

he reason why I refreshed my computer is because is was a little slow. After refreshing,

There is no such thing as refreshing --- are you talking about 1. a clean re-install of windows, 2. a factory reset or 3. something else?

There is no such thing as refreshing --- are you talking about 1. a clean re-install of windows, 2. a factory reset or 3. something else?
Refreshing a computer is in Windows 8. It deletes all the application installed on your hard drive but you keep your files. It is like restoring in Windows 7.

Screenshot (81).png

Ok, that is a factory reset. It removes any apps (not from the microsoft store) i.e. any downloaded or disc installed and sets all computer setting to their default.

If you did this with a computer then I’m not surprised it runs a little slower now… the graphics card is the biggest issue nvidia cards are normally better going with the optional Microsoft driver patch (do this only after getting all the main ones) but IMO intel cards should stick with the intel suit.

Chipset drivers sometimes get lost during this kind of reset and it’s worth going to your computers website to check if there are any new posts since the system left the factory… pay particular attention to any network drivers but don’t touch a bios flash.

I would run your disk cleanup and ccleaner. I believe you will be able to gain some space and may help the speed also. I know I had over 2 gbs of files to clean up after refreshing my pc. First do what ussnorway suggested.

View attachment 28514
Ok, that is a factory reset. It removes any apps (not from the microsoft store) i.e. any downloaded or disc installed and sets all computer setting to their default.

If you did this with a computer then I’m not surprised it runs a little slower now… the graphics card is the biggest issue nvidia cards are normally better going with the optional Microsoft driver patch (do this only after getting all the main ones) but IMO intel cards should stick with the intel suit.

Chipset drivers sometimes get lost during this kind of reset and it’s worth going to your computers website to check if there are any new posts since the system left the factory… pay particular attention to any network drivers but don’t touch a bios flash.
Actually, It is a lot faster, but thanks for the info though!

Back