Windows 8 Always get BSOD when playing certain games

Hello and welcome to the forums.

First make sure your machine is configured properly to facilitate the collection of .dmp files.
Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.
Then……Please read the first post in this sticky thread here How to ask for help with a BSOD problem
Do your best to accumulate the data required.
Run the SF Diagnostic tool (download and right click the executable and choose run as administrator)
Download and run CPUz. Use the Windows snipping tool to gather images from all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.Likewise RAMMon. Export the html report, put everything into a desktop folder that you've created for this purpose, zip it up and attach it to your next post (right click it and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder.

So, there are a few games i play, and everytime i try to play them, i end up getting the same BSOD error after about twenty minutes (sometimes more) of playing them. in this case, it was resident evil revelations 2. i don't understand minidump files and don't know how to fix it.. so, i came here in hopes of assistance. thank you for your time.

Attachments

• W7F_25-02-2015.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 495
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff801905539e7}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+629e7 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
I merged your threads to save confusion.

The above Bugcheck is usually driver related and in this case it's blaming your Intel GPU driver as the culprit. Laptop drivers are supplied by the manufacturer and your machines support page is here:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/pro...d-y-series-laptops/ideapad-y510p-notebook?c=1

I don't think there is a later driver than the one already installed although you could try reinstalling it in case it has become corrupted..

Check your os isn't getting corrupted by finding command prompt vai the control panel and admin tools. When you've found it right click on it and choose properties then run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Just in case it might be heat related please ensure that any vents or slots are free from dust. A small paint brush is perfect for this job. Do you know what the temperatures are like when gaming?

if i decided to Reinstall the GPU Driver, would it be better for me to completely uninstall the previous one i have downloaded before reinstalling, or is that not necessary? i'm checking the os right now. and no, i dont really know what the temps are like when gaming. but i dont really think thats the case, ive played games for longer durations and have had the temp exceed what it does when i play resident evil and get no BSOD.

Back