Windows 7 Another Ethernet Controller Problem

kami

Hi guys, I'm having ethernet issues,
I have two ethernet controllers, after installing Windows 7 neither of them function
1. is a Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit, I have tried manually installing drivers/utillities for this and get "This installer package does not support the current operating system..."
Does anyone have any ideas of a work around for this please?
I also have an Nvidia Nforce adaptor that hasn't installed with Windows 7 (I am uncertain of the model as it doesnt show in Device Manager (Neither of the Network Adaptors do) Does anyone know how I can find out which Nforce model it is to try drivers from Nvidia site?

Any help is appreciated guys

Edit*
Ive Partially managed to solve this, I contacted the supplier of my desktop who gave me a link to the correct nvidia driver
nForce 430/410/405/400 with Integrated Graphics - Windows Vista 64-bit
(It's 64 not 32 but worked a treat)

Marvel Yukon got back to me saying the Vista 32 Drivers should work for Windows 7 (But I get compatiblity issue errors when I try to install them)

Last edited:
Solution
It appears you are experiencing issues with your Ethernet controllers after installing Windows 7. Let's address your concerns step by step:

Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit:​

1. Compatibility Issue: The Marvell Yukon 88E8053 driver installer states that it doesn't support the current operating system. Although you've tried installing the drivers manually, you encountered compatibility errors.
  2. Workaround:
    • Vista Drivers Compatibility: The manufacturer suggested trying Windows Vista drivers for this device on Windows 7. However, you faced compatibility issues during installation.
    • Compatibility Mode: You could attempt installing the Vista drivers in compatibility mode on Windows 7. Here's...
It appears you are experiencing issues with your Ethernet controllers after installing Windows 7. Let's address your concerns step by step:

Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit:​

1. Compatibility Issue: The Marvell Yukon 88E8053 driver installer states that it doesn't support the current operating system. Although you've tried installing the drivers manually, you encountered compatibility errors.
  2. Workaround:
    • Vista Drivers Compatibility: The manufacturer suggested trying Windows Vista drivers for this device on Windows 7. However, you faced compatibility issues during installation.
    • Compatibility Mode: You could attempt installing the Vista drivers in compatibility mode on Windows 7. Here's how:
      • Right-click on the driver installer.
      • Select "Properties" > "Compatibility" tab.
      • Check the box next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for:".
      • Choose "Windows Vista" from the dropdown menu.
      • Try running the installer again.

Nvidia Nforce Adaptor:​

[]Identifying the Model:
    • Since the Nvidia Nforce adapter's model is not displayed in Device Manager, you can try the following:
      • Check Manufacturer Documentation: Look for the exact model information in your desktop's documentation or specification sheet.
      • Physical Inspection: Sometimes, the model is printed on the network adapter itself.
    [
    ]Driver Installation:
    • Supplied Driver: If you received a driver for nForce 430/410/405/400 that worked for Windows Vista 64-bit, that's great. Ensure it is functioning correctly.
If you encounter any further issues during driver installations or need more specific instructions, feel free to provide additional details for further assistance.

Solution
Back