Windows 7 Another Resolution problem

shpongle

I am completely stumped, and from looking at the other threads I hope you guys can help me out. I updated from windows xp to Windows 7 build 7100 today. I am running an ATI 4650, I have tried the drivers from windows update, and from the ati site. My monitor is a Samsung 19lv505, which windows detects as Generic Non-PnP Monitor. 22".

I am currently stuck in 1024x768 mode, every other resolution leads to a black screen, and eventually reverts back to 1024. I have no recommended resolution in the list. I have looked all over for a samsung driver for my tv/pc, nowhere to be found. At this point I am stumped on where to go next, any input would be superb.

Thanks in advance.
:confused:

Uninstall the ATI drivers and get them from ATI's website. Don't use Windows Updates for any drivers. Get them from the manufacturer.

Uninstall from Installed Programs, this should be suffciant
Then install the drivers from ATi's website

Try this.

Thanks for the reply. But, as I stated, I currently have the drivers from the ATI site installed, which produces the same error as the windows update driver.

Thanks for the reply. But, as I stated, I currently have the drivers from the ATI site installed, which produces the same error as the windows update driver.

Try here and Link Removed due to 404 Error. Maybe find something relevant to your GFX card.

I was trying to say earlier,, but the site was chocking..... That TV is a Toshiba, not a Samsung
And may not be compatible yet with Win 7 or ati's 7 drivers.....

You might try Vista Drivers?

Back