Any way to do this?

coolwalker

Does anyone know if there is a way to "keep" Win 7 without buying it? Don't preach to me now about supporting MS because as the world's richest company my few bucks ain't gonna' ruin them. I want to keep it because it really works well with COD(UO) and I have a lot of software installed that works perfectly well. Reinstalling this summer will pi$$ me off and spending money in this economy needlessly drives me to drink...but I like to drink...scratch that. Just tell me if a fix is out so we can keep the last version and where to get it. Email me or PM me but someone must know something!

We don't do hacks here. There is no legit way to keep RC wrking.

Joe

No hacks...well I see info and links to Torrents here so that bucket doesn't carry much water. My issue is price...college students get it for 29 bucks with a valid email address...why not Vets? I see prices all in the 2 hundred dollar amount that that is obscene! $200. x 20 million buyers is $4,000,000,000...and you feel MS needs that much more money? If no one will give any info on how to keep the last build that expires in March, how about "lending" an email address for a decent priced version?

No hacks...well I see info and links to Torrents here so that bucket doesn't carry much water. ?

torrents aren't illegal. microsoft also has links to download windows 7 and allows 30 days to evaluate it...

Activation keys must be purchased to run legally past the evaluation period.

Propritary companies are now offering torrent downloads for their software. Many forums such as these, still keep the old view that torrents are globally illegal, which is incorrect. However, links to deliberate pirated software, such as often found on sites such as Pirate bay, often available before official release, would be against the site rules..quote "
  1. No Software Piracy: You agree by posting on this site you will not post links or discuss in any way, ways to pirate or illegally download any proprietary or commercial software. (Example: Windows 7). This site is based on discussion and support for this kind of software, not stealing it. There are no exceptions to this policy. You will be banned, and you will be IP blocked from our site. "
I will agree with the OP that you do not have to be a wizard to see that a majority percentage of posters are using Os's from other than authentic sources. But this is a help site and help is given, wherever possible, unless it is in the direction of circumventing legalites. You can certainly point to some posts where this is being flaunted, but I don't think the moderators can keep up with everything.
But, for my own interest, I doubt you can point me to any links on this site which are to illegal downloads, apart from one which slipped by, and is now redundant, on a blog.

I agree. Microsoft are asking a lot for their products, although, if I understand it correctly, you can buy an upgrade, which is much cheaper, and legally install a full version with it. Bottom line is that if you feel it is too much to pay, then there are altenatives.

RAK, it doesn't matter whether it affects M$ or not. They have a product you want. If you take it without reimbursing them for it, it's theft, pure and simple.

RAK, it doesn't matter whether it affects M$ or not. They have a product you want. If you take it without reimbursing them for it, it's theft, pure and simple.
Sorry. I don't see the purpose of your post in this thread..

lmfao

Theres 2 ways to keep using 7, you can either steal it or you can buy it. OP, you and I both know theres only one way to "keep Win 7 without buying it" and this is not the place to come looking for information on how to do it.

Back