Windows 10 Anyone know how to edit your home location on the map app?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

The map app, is showing the wrong street address for my home location, but I can't find anyplace to edit the information and correct it.

It was correct at one time but it has changed to what Cortana thinks it my address instead of the other way around.

Anyone know how to change it?

Mike

In the map application
  • Click on the Star (Favorites)
  • Click on the location you want to edit
  • Click the Star with a pencil
  • Delete the location
  • Search your address
  • Click on Favorites
  • Save it as a favorite
  • Click the Make this your Home

Hi

Thanks that worked.

Cortana still insists on using the wrong address, but if I don't select my location in the map app after I boot up, she uses a completely incorrect location.

Now she just uses the wrong street number.

Mike

Pretty much all the Windows applications sync their data to the cloud which is why you have to use a Microsoft account. Cortana may not be updating the address in the cloud.

I have sync turned off. When I first used the Map App, a message popped up asking if I would allow "Maps" to access my location. I agreed to this. Since then , if ever I choose to open it, my location is there.
I should add, if it is significant, I do not use Cortana.

On my new system which has never been on a Microsoft Account so Cortana doesn't function the Map shows my location within 220 feet.

On another system which runs on a Microsoft account my location is shown seven miles away...

I have no idea why, if it actually does, modify your location if you log onto a Microsoft Account.

Back