Windows 10 Anyone seen this one?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

This just popped up on my screen, I made a screen shot and then closed the window.
Now I'm running Malwarebytes.

What wasn't captured by the Snipping Tool was the giant red flashing message that said, "Critical Crash!" in the header of the window.

Critical%20Warning_zpsurdwuchr.jpg

Pretty sure this is some kind of scam my computer is running fine and nothing I had open stopped working.

Mike

Last edited:
What's interesting is that I went to that bit.ly url mentioned and it goes to the Tweaking.com All In One repair tool, which techs actually use to repair computers... that is odd indeed. So then I looked at the toms-world.org link, do you use something called Restore Point Creator? Or were you using some kind of system repair tool at the time that might have called it? http://www.toms-world.org/blog/restore_point_creator

It looks legit, but I'm not going to download it to find out :)

The error also looks like a legitimate .NET Framework program crashed, and the author of Restore Point Creator software caught the exception and gave people a way to report the error back to him.

Hi

I didn't notice that, I do use a program called restore point creator, I've used it for years.
I always click on it before making any changes to my computer.

I creates a restore point quickly so I have a way to go back if I don't like what I've done. LOL

So maybe it wasn't a scam after all.

I'm so suspicious any more that I don't trust anything that just pops up on my screen.

Mike

Back