Windows 10 Anyone tried SuperAntiSpyware lately?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I just installed SuperAntiSpyware in Windows 10.
I've used it off and on for years and I found this folder .trash.999 which I've never seen before.

I found references for it as related to Ubuntu, and as Malware of some sort.

I deleted it but this prompted me to download and install SuperAntiSpyware again as Malwarebytes Pro didn't detect this, (I don't know that it should have).

It took me several minutes to find a legitimate download site, since there are a lot of sites trying to look like the real site, but I did find the real page eventually (couldn't they design a browser to put the real site at the top?).

Anyway it has changed, it still works great, it found several legitimate nuisance programs and removed them.

But it has a lot of new features as well.

One of which is System Investigator, this looks at all the stuff installed on your computer give info on it.

If it can't identify the data it asks you to vote up or down on whether it is legit or not.

It shows you how other people have voted on it.

Of the 3 things it couldn't identify on my PC I knew what they were and gave them an up vote, as did other people.

It then goes page by page to look at pretty much everything on you computer and tell you where it's from etc.

I think it's worth a look.

Here's the real site...

http://www.superantispyware.com/

SuperAntiSpyware_zps6308ed22.jpg

I use it on my desktop & laptop. On my desktop I was lucky enough to get the lifetime membership before SUPERAntiSpyware was sold. I've found it to be better than Malwarebytes in some instances, like tracking cookies.I've got the 4 punch system on my desktop & laptop. Bitdefender Internet Security 2015, SUPERAntiSpyware Pro (real-time turned off), Malwarebytes free and HijackThis!. Between the 4, I'm safe.

With SUPERAntiSpyware's real-time turned off, they all work fine together.I still get auto updates and run the scheduled full scan every morning.

Back