Windows 7 Applications Hanging after Windows 7 wakes up from sleep mode

RoddyJones

Hi

Whenever my system is woken from I assume its sleep mode ( My power options are Sleep mode after 30mins and 'Turn off Display' after 10mins". I commonly find some programs will not work,they start to load up and then hang.

A windows 7 prompt comes up and I then click 'Show problem details' to reveal the following below in the case of my attempted starting of Paint Shop Pro. This particular time around, Excel and Word opened all the way and also alowed data entry but as soon as you click on the round symbol in the top left corner to save etc it also did nothing but say 'program not responding in the very top bar.
Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: psp.exe
Application Version: 7.0.0.4
Application Timestamp: 3b6873f3
Hang Signature: d51e
Hang Type: 1
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Hang Signature 1: d51e94660d000c80c525dc28d7ec1f6f
Additional Hang Signature 2: 1d8d
Additional Hang Signature 3: 1d8d8faf0b2eda0ee9fed70cba63062b
Additional Hang Signature 4: 2755
Additional Hang Signature 5: 275542503c68362bd3203c94a01efeb6
Additional Hang Signature 6: 0e33
Additional Hang Signature 7: 0e335b63e6bbfcf5bf4f4fc7ceebb1de

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I normally need to restart the machine to fix this. Iam not sure if the fact that my applications are installed on the HD whilst aplications themselves are on the SSD has something to do with it?

PC Setup
Windows 7 Professional
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 mobo, 8gb GSkill RAM

OS and most applications all installed on a 120gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD with a 1Tb Samsung F3 Spinpoint drive holding all my pic,movie,sound files, word docs, excel docs etc. I try to save zero application files on the SSD but all on the HD.

Roddy have you checked the Event viewer? It may contain information relevant to your issue.

Kemical is of course correct.

There are several ways to find what the problem is. The best is to go into event viewer (type eventvwr in search). Go to the windows log>application tab.

You want to look for critical errors (they have red in the left column ).

When you find them you want to look for critical errors that say app hang, app crash, or anything that relates to the problem.

When you find them please note the event ID, and the source codes and tell us what they are.

Hi this is the app hang error

Event ID 1002
Source Application Hang

The program psp.exe version 7.0.0.4 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: b44
Start Time: 01cc4eb04fede3b0
Termination Time: 6
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Jasc Software Inc\Paint Shop Pro 7\psp.exe
Report Id: a1e3a944-baa3-11e0-b328-005056c00008

It was listed under Critical errors.

The following was also critical, and there is alot of these.

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.Windows.SystemCompatible,processorArchitecture="amd64",publicKeyToken="6595b64144ccf1df",type="win32",version="6.0.7600.16823" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Please run a system file check to verify and repair the OS files and tell us the results listed at the end

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Forums

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

I notice that this is to do with Paint shop pro. Can you tell us which version your using?

For the above critical errors try uninstalling this update if you have it: KB2507938

Ross

The program psp.exe version 7.0.0.4 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

I missed it first time.

I ran the scan as requested and it came back with

' Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.'

Hi yes the problem is still there.

It may have something to do with the fact Iam using a SSD as my main application and OS drive?

What other tests should I run

It could. Do you still have a hyberfil file (used when sleeping/waking) and is it on the SSD?

Though I would post the conclusion to this problem.

It was the free VMware. Once I had disabled the VMware adaptors via Device manager and then uninstalled the program I no longer suffered applications freezing upon waking or network drop outs.

I realise VMware is meant to be quite good and it ran my XP copy fine so I could use my old Canon scanner but it caused all my problems in this instance.

Back