Are gaming consoles really worth it ?

RUDY03

Hey guys,
We once again have the same old much debated question, but hear me out once....
So, my first question is:
What exactly is the difference between a PC with a controller connected, and a rather large HD Display, and a console, lets say, the PS4 on a similarly good display. What difference does it make?
(And moreover, your dad tells you to note a phone number, and you open up notepad to take it down on the PC, while on the console, you got to go hunting for some writing material....)

This is the most basic yet complicated question that's troubling me...All I'm saying is what's the difference between a PC with a controller and a HD display, and a console with a same controller and a same HD display? By now, this is clearly evident that the PC is more versatile because it basically has everything a console has, and also much more to it, which a console DOESN'T have. Still people go arguing about consoles being better.

My next question: What's a console tenure? I mean, the PS4 just released the other day, and now we're having the PS4 pro or neo or something idk.....sure, if you can preserve your games, you're gonna have it as long as you want, but that's continuously being updated and you're basically left behind no matter what you do. (Consoles are hell'uva lot expensive too....) My current decent gaming rig looks modest, and has been since 2007! All I do is change the insides, and the exterior is the same! But, for consoles, you gotta have to buy a whole new one to keep up with the generation.....moreover, something goes haywire, I fix my PC with my dad's help at home. But console owners have the headache of fixing it through customer support. That's not good I'd say.... So basically what's the point of having a whole expensive console? I mean a controller is just enough if you want it, though I use the keyboard and mouse only....Discuss, Fight, kill!!!

PC Master race surely?

I guess being able to buy a console which will give decent DX12 graphics is an enticing purchase especially as you don't need to build it or mess around installing operating systems.

This is also where the consoles win but yet lose at the same time. Consoles cannot be upgraded like it's PC cousin and improvements only usually arrive at the start of each new generation.
These new generations can be 3 - 5yrs apart compared to the PC industry where 6 months is considered a long time.

Consoles have their place and fill a niche role but the PC will always be the gold standard when it comes to gaming.

Back