Windows 7 ATI driver bug?

-Sandro-

Hello,
I've been using Windows 7 since the RTM was released, since the new fall tv line up started I began to view full episodes on network's website as always. I realized that either the ATI driver or Windows 7 have a problem with flash videos (or flash?). I never experienced something wrong before with Windows XP , the playback was smooth (considering all 24p movies with 75hz refresh) but now abc.com in 720p is annoying jerky, cbs 1080p is literally unwatchable, Youtube's 720p files are really jerky. I also tried BBC player (with a proxy), same results.
I'm sure it's a software problem (maybe they added a new useless feature in windows 7 drivers that does that) since this only happens when I'm in fullscreen and the cpu usage is always below 30% with HD streaming. Again, this only happens in flash, no problem with videos played with local players, even 1080p Blu-Rays are flawless with both software and hardware decoding.

I tried to reinstall Windows XP to see if maybe I was mistaken but the problem doesn''t present there, everything's fine. Plus I tried another PC with Windows 7 with a "crappy" NVIDIA integrated video card, no jerkiness, even with CBS 1080p streaming.

I have an ATI HD 2600 PRO, I tried to reinstall 9.7 and 9.8 drivers with no change, does anybody have the same problems and maybe a solution?

Thanks

Try to install ati 9.2 or 9.3, are the last drivers that works fine and are compatible with windows 7.
The above versions till 9.8 are useless.

It will work :) try it

Back