Windows 7 ATI onboard Audio Card Problem

TwoShoes

I have an HP DV8000 Laptop with an AMD 64 processor, 2Gig of Ram with onboard sound and I cannot get the sound card to install. I have been searching for a few days now and I've tried a bunch of different ideas and none seem to work. Here is the id info for my sound card.

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_309B103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&SUBSYS_309B103C
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4370&CC_0401

I've tried a few different programs to search for a working driver and none are found. Please help me set this up as Windows 7 runs great on my laptop and I do not want to go back to XP.

Solution
To help you with installing the sound card driver for your HP DV8000 Laptop with an AMD 64 processor on Windows 7, we can follow these steps:
  1. Identify the Sound Card Model: The hardware ID you provided indicates the sound card details: Vendor ID (VEN_1002 - AMD), Device ID (DEV_4370), and subsystem ID (SUBSYS_309B103C). This information helps in locating the correct driver.
  2. Download the Driver:
    • Visit the HP Support website or the AMD website to search for the correct driver using the hardware ID.
    • Enter the model of your laptop or search via the hardware ID provided to find the compatible driver for your sound card.
    []Manual Installation:
    • Go to the Device Manager in Windows.
    • Locate...
To help you with installing the sound card driver for your HP DV8000 Laptop with an AMD 64 processor on Windows 7, we can follow these steps:
  1. Identify the Sound Card Model: The hardware ID you provided indicates the sound card details: Vendor ID (VEN_1002 - AMD), Device ID (DEV_4370), and subsystem ID (SUBSYS_309B103C). This information helps in locating the correct driver.
  2. Download the Driver:
    • Visit the HP Support website or the AMD website to search for the correct driver using the hardware ID.
    • Enter the model of your laptop or search via the hardware ID provided to find the compatible driver for your sound card.
    []Manual Installation:
    • Go to the Device Manager in Windows.
    • Locate the sound card (it might be listed with a yellow exclamation mark).
    • Right-click on the sound card and select "Update Driver Software."
    • Choose the option to browse your computer for the driver software.
    • Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the driver and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
    [
    ]Driver Update Software:
    • You can also use driver update software like "Driver Booster" or "Driver Easy" to automatically find and install the correct driver for your sound card. These programs can sometimes simplify the process.
  3. Restart Your Laptop:
    • After installing the driver, restart your laptop to apply the changes. If you encounter any issues during the installation process or need further assistance, feel free to ask for help.

Solution