Windows 7 ati radeon x1650 pro agp problems

Mugdog

It seems the drivers for windows 7 doesn't work to well. i think the drivers work but the CCC doesn't work when i try to launch it. now I play games such as Counter-strike: source so i do use steam. which im not sure if its me or not but, it lags when i move the window around so im not sure. Can anyone help me? By the way by CCC i mean catalyistic control center (sorry for my spelling)

may have fixed it (please do not close this thread until i have confirmed it works please)

Thank you drew. but i have gotten ccc working. im using 8.9 drivers which i should upgrade to 9.2 since those will work as well i heard. Is it possible to stop my pc from shutting down on its own? cause my video card isn't the best when it comes to being shut off cause my colors get scrambled around and stuff

I too had troubles with CCC with I believe the 9.6 drivers, but the more recent ones (9.7 I believe) work much better. I have the HD 4770 card.

Ed

ATI radeon X1650 pro problem

Hi,

I'm using windows 7 and it automatically install Microsoft corporation - WDDM driver each time I reboot my PC. I've read that WDDM doesn't support my ATI radeon x1650 card, because it's too old. I've changed the peripheral installation parameters to "never install the driver's software from windows update", but it still install the WDDM driver everytime I reboot my PC.

When I try to install the ATI drivers normally, I can see that it installed because there is the CCC (catalyst control center)icon when I right click on my desktop, but I can't open it. The driver doesn't seem to work either, because I can't run my game (counter-strike) in OpenGL mode. And when I reboot, windows always reinstall the WDDM driver.

I've tried to extract the 9.3.1 driver without running the installation. Then I manually updated the driver by pointing to the INF file of the 9-3_1_legacy_vista32-64_dd_ccc (in the device manager), but it says that WDDM driver is the newest driver, so it ignores the manual update.

What can I do?

Hi Drew,

Let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to answer me.

Unfortunately, I can't get over the fourth step. When I install the 9.3 driver, it says installation complete (warnings occured during installation). When I click on view log, it tells me that the ATI display driver failed installation. In error messages I get: "Driver Install: the specified driver package was not installed for matching devices."

I rebooted anyway, the WDDM driver got reinstalled, I uninstalled it again. Then I installed the 9.3 Suite. No error occured. I rebooted again, the WDDM driver reinstalled, I uninstalled it. Then I went on the second link you gave me. I installed the full catalyst software suite (recommended) for windows 7 32-bit. I rebooted again, the WDDM driver reinstalled, I uninstalled it. I can see the CCC when I right click on my desktop, but it doesn't open. And I can't run counter-strike in OpenGl either.

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks again!!!

I also have an agp x1650 and cant get any drivers to work with it, I have tried everything from 8.9 up to 9.9 and it just wont work. I am changing the card in 2 months but want to get it working in the mean time.

:confused:

Hey, I found how to make it work myself. I don't quite know what is the version of the driver I used, but before running the setup, rightclick on it. Then go in compatibility and choose Windows vista SP 2. Then run the setup. It should work fine. If it doesn't, tell me and I'll write you what version of catalyst I installed. (I can't right now 'cause I ain't home)

Hope it helped you :)
Have a nice day!

Hey i solved the problem...

I found old Ati Radeon x1650(pro) drivers
and runned them in compliance with windows xp...
(they were for win 2000/xp)

if anyone wants those drivers msg
here and i will upload those drivers.

Regards, Own3D

PS. Sorry for bad english. (i am PL);)

Hey i solved the problem...

I found old Ati Radeon x1650(pro) drivers
and runned them in compliance with windows xp...
(they were for win 2000/xp)

if anyone wants those drivers msg
here and i will upload those drivers.

Regards, Own3D

PS. Sorry for bad english. (i am PL);)

Could you upload this drivers? Which version of Windows 7 did you install? 32 or 64bit?

There is another solution. Download Catalyst 9.3 for vista x64 and initiate installation and then cancel in order to unzip files in C:// ATi.

Go to C:\ATI\Support\9_3_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu\pakages\drivers\display\LH6A_INF (or similar). Open in notepad CL_76829.inf (or something close to that) and look for the following entry;

[Manufacturer]
%ATI% = ATI.Mfg, NTx86.6.0, NTx86.6.1

edit it to read

[Manufacturer]
%ATI% = ATI.Mfg, NTx86.6.0

and save

Then from Device manager update manually the drivers from the specific folder and you have sucfcesfully byppased the legacy problem.

Back
Top Bottom