Windows 7 ATI Video driver problem

winstainforth

I've installed the lastest leaked version of windows and am having problems with the video drivers.

I'm running a 3 year old Asus laptop, W3000 series and can't get the screen res above 1024x768, I've tried lastest ATI vista drivers and the ATI windows 7 pre-release driver without luck.

Will have to put vista!! back if I can't get this sorted.

It runs very quick now.

Thanks

Rob

Hey winstainforth welcome to the forum! :)

Curious, did your drivers work fine before installing Windows 7? Have you tried any older versions of the ATI drivers rather then the newest one to see if any of them would work?? ;)

Also, did you do a clean install of Win7 or upgrade and did you make sure to uninstall all previous versions of the ATI drivers before installing the new ones?

Hey winstainforth welcome to the forum! :)

Curious, did your drivers work fine before installing Windows 7? Have you tried any older versions of the ATI drivers rather then the newest one to see if any of them would work?? ;)

Also, did you do a clean install of Win7 or upgrade and did you make sure to uninstall all previous versions of the ATI drivers before installing the new ones?

I did a clean install, nothing happens when Install the ATI drivers?

I have an ATI card and sometimes my screen flashes and i see an error on the bottom right of the screen that says the ATI drivers failed but it was corrected. I'm able to get full 1920 x 1080 resolution.

@winstainforth

So you downloaded the newest catalyst drivers from the ati site and installed them then did a reboot, and nothing is happening? (I'm just trying to wrap my head around this so I can help ya out..;) ) Hmmm.. if that's the case then I'm stumped... If you did a clean install then all previous ati drivers would be automatically gone, so that's not the problem, and if you downloaded the newest drivers from the ati site and installed then did a restart.. then it should work.. but if it's not after all that like I said I'm stumped.. Did you ever have these problems before Windows 7?

Glad to hear you got the problem fixed.. certainly was a weird one though.. score one for Windows Updates I guess. ;)

I installed build 7000 yesterday and during the install i got the message my Intel wireless card the 2915 may not work and I will need to get the driver through a windows update or from the manufacturer. Well i was able to get to the net with a wire connection and downloaded the Intel driver and it didn't work. I did a Windows update and I saw the other device I got warned about did have an update so that was taken care of. I also have a Netgear USB wireless device and when i connected it Windows 7 showed it in the device manager with a yellow caution. I went to the vendor and downloaded the driver and still didn't work and the windows update showed nothing. I also have a linksys draft N USB wireless device and I connected it and device manager saw it and there was a yellow caution sign again. I took the driver DVD and installed and all of a sudden the yellow sign disappeared and I had a wireless connection. When I attempted the windows update with the linksys device connected it didn't find the driver when I did a search of the net. I have an ATI graphics card (x700) also and it found the driver during the setup. I also have a Realtek sound card which I had to get the driver from the vendor also and install it myself.

Back