Windows 7 Audio Driver issues on HP Pavillion Laptop

maxz107

I am using hp dv8000 laptop and recently installed windows 7. Everything works fine but the audio driver. At first, I couldn't get any audio driver to work at all and as of yet hp dont have support for windows 7. I manage to some how install conexant HD audio codec. And now I can only hear sound if I have a head phone plugged in. THe laptop speaker still don't work. Please Help...anyone!!!

Thankx

I dont have an answer for you, but I have a HP Pavilion dv7 and have had success (for the most part) with the win7 install and drivers. Sound works well. I Installed the vista drivers off of HP's website. The only drivers I have a problem with is for my touch pad. it works except for the scroll sliders. And the SM Bus Controller. what ever that is. I have installed all the drivers on the website but it still boots without it. (sometimes the fix problems link on the computer works, other times it does not)

Last edited:
go to Realtek and download the latest codec audio driver for your computer. That is what i had to do to get it working.

I'm also having this issue on my Dell Vostro 1400 laptop. I tried the above link but it still didn't fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

did you find the way?
I have a v1400 as well and can't make audio work with w7 64 bits.
any idea?

Hello all,

Not sure if this has been solved yet, but I figured I'd post my fix as I see some are still having the same issue,

I just uninstalled the audio driver that loaded with 7, reboot, and let windows find, and install the proper audio driver via the internet (I'm guessing)

worked perfect for me

Back