Windows 7 Audio Driver Reinstall alone

lovagabundo

Hello everybody, I got a problem when trying for a Windows7 in a K8V-VM, which uses the chip Realtek ALC660 6-Channel.

Windows7 I installed all the drivers are recognized, yet the sound icon in the task was an "X" already felt that butterflies, look for our driver for the legacy Windows 7 so soon so soon, and the motherboard or the support the view.

Good was simply download the driver from Realtek directly from their site, even with a ridiculous speed that they offer, and installed the driver that is not signed. And the sound worked, yet restarted the computer.

After some time of use and resume a few times (3x) the problem came back windows installed the driver "Desposit High Definition Audio" and I re-installed the Realtek R.241.

So sussecivamete, even in compatibility mode with Vista, XP, other relatively drivers, the realtek, party and attempts to update the microsoft.

After 1 day running google and various forums, I saw that other people had the same problem, but still unresolved or poorly explained. My idea here is to show how to resolve and clearly explained what I've done.

What you need to understand is that Windows recognizes and installs a driver for my onboard sound, but these are useless, or I need a drive that works signed or a way to stop windows from overwriting the driver from realtek is not signed.

Well, I hope someone has some idea, so we can solve this problem.

Welcome to the forums,

What you need to understand is that Windows recognizes and installs a driver for my onboard sound, but these are useless, or I need a drive that works signed or a way to stop windows from overwriting the driver from realtek is not signed.

If adjusting the volumes with the system sound does not help:

1. If R.241 is not fully compatible with realtek-alc660, try a Vsta compatible driver on 7 in Vista compatibility mode.
Try your Realtek support CD or get it at an offsite (Link Removed - Invalid URL).

2. You can also try a standard microsoft audio driver How to force Windows to use a standard VGA compatible driver

Welcome to the forums,

If adjusting the volumes with the system sound does not help:

1. If R.241 is not fully compatible with realtek-alc660, try a Vsta compatible driver on 7 in Vista compatibility mode.
Try your Realtek support CD or get it at an offsite (realtek alc660 driver (Realtek) 7, Vista, XP, download).

2. You can also try a standard microsoft audio driver How to force Windows to use a standard VGA compatible driver

It worked, I used the second tip and it worked!

Tanks Cybercore

Back
Top Bottom