Windows 10 Audio not working in Microsoft Windows 10 ( Home ) Edition operating system.

Russell

Attention: WindowsForum members:
Included with this posting are three Paint 3D tempsnip image files ( below ) for your consideration. They are:

This one indicates that there are two devices, in my device manager, which are experiencing driver issues ( i.e., "HD Pro Webcam C920" and "Realtek High Definition Audio" - they are enclosed in a red rectangle, above ). Then, we have:

This one shows the speaker icon ( with a red oval containing a white "x" in it - enclosed on three sides by red lines ) in my taskbar. When I hover my mouse pointer over this icon, I receive the pop-up message: "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." Then, we have:

This one shows the two options for updating device drivers in the device manager ( enclosed in a red rectangle ). I have tried both, but to no avail. Does anyone know what I can do to solve this audio problem? Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help and your patience. :) Keep in touch.

Sincerely in Christ,
Russell E. Willis
P.S. - Please read Proverbs 23:23.

"23 Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding."
[ Proverbs 23:23; RSV ]

Russell E. Willis
3559 Almanac Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32309

To fix audio issues in Windows 10, just open the Start and enter Device Manager. Open it and from a list of devices, find your sound card, open it and click on the Driver tab. Now, select the Update Driver option. Windows should be able to look at the internet and update your PC with the latest sound drivers. If it fails to do so, you can find the right drivers at your PC manufacturer’s website. Alternatively, you can try to update the drive using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. For this: Select Update driver – Browse my computer for driver software – Let me pick from the list of available drivers on my computer – High Definition Audio Device – Next – Install it.

Attention: Heyarchit:
I just tried your suggestion to select the generic audio driver, in my Microsoft Windows 10 ( Home ) Edition operating system, and it immediately solved my audio problem. Thank you ( see Colossians 3:15, for example ) for your help. :) Keep in touch.

Sincerely in Christ,
Russell E. Willis
P.S. - Please read Proverbs 23:23.

"23 Buy truth, and do not sell it; buy wisdom, instruction, and understanding."
[ Proverbs 23:23; RSV ]

Russell E. Willis
3559 Almanac Road
Tallahassee, Florida 32309

Back
Top Bottom