Windows 7 Audio Problems... Please Help.

DaveHMCFC

Hi

I'm hoping someone here can help me out as i've been tearing my hair out.

Basically, i've just installed Windows 7, (custom install from upgrade disk), and i'm having problems with sound.

All my music sounds fine, so something is right at least, but if i try and watch say a video on the BBC website, it sounds ok for a split second, and then it goes really distorted and muffled... like it's been encrypted or something? It's the same with Youtube or other websites with video on them too.

I've tried updating the latest drivers, Flashplayer and Java etc, but still nothing.

Help please!

Btw... my sound card is a Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.

I would recommend trying to go back drivers and see if it is the newest drivers that are causing the issue. If that doesn't work then I don't know. I have the same sound card and mine works perfectly.

Right... i've finally managed to sort it!! (you've no idea how good this feels!)

The problem was simple in the end. In the "Audio Control Panel" Creative put in with the driver download, there is a setting where you state what type of speaker set up you have... ie 2.1, 3.1, 5.1 etc. It was set to 7.1, so i changed it, and bloody bingo!! Now i've never seen one of these bloody control panels before so didn't even know it was there until just a minute ago.

Cheers for your help anyway!

Yes, X-Fi Exreme, X-Fi Platinum, X-F- Exreme Gamer, etcGo here for rge laresr driversLhttp://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-usThere sight must be bombarded with trafic, as it took forever for that page to load.You need to know your series number.

Back