Windows 7 Audiodg.exe Problem (Ram Usage, NOT CPU Usage)

Musabi

Hello! First time poster here =)

I have read in many places that people are having problems with their audiodg.exe CPU usage, sadly this is not the case with me.

My Audiodg.exe process is currently using 2,786,070 kB (not just normal bytes, kilobytes) of Ram. 2.66gb+ of Ram! I have searched the web as well as this site for any problems. My audio is working fine though... I have no idea why this using so much ram. Im guessing a memory leak of some kind... I restart and it starts off at a normal pace...

I do leave my computer on at all times though.

Any ideas would be great! Thanks in advance!

-Musabi

Hello and welcome.

That's strange, my usage is only 6,500KB

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and model number of your PC, if applicable
4 .Download http://majorgeeks.com/SIV_System_Information_Viewer_d4779.html]System Information Viewer) 3.36[/URL]
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

Alright Ive updated my profile to include my system specs. Thankfully I have a lot of physical ram or this would be much more than just an annoyance.

Thanks for the info

Are you using the 64-bit edition?

Is it always high or just when playing games, watching DVD's, etc.

Open Task Manager, right-click on the audiolog entry and make sure the priority is set to Normal.

Yes, I am using the 64 bit version. It would be pretty horrific if it was using 2.6 gigs of 3.2 available gigs with the 32 bit!

As for when its usage becomes high, it just slowly creeps up to that level (It was about 4 or 5 days of usage that let it go up to that level). It doesnt matter if Im playing games or not, it could be idling or I could be watching a movie and playing a game, but it will keep slowly increasing.

The priority is set to normal as well.

OK,

dumb me.:redface:

I always restart my computer several times a day.

Windows is supposed ti unload Dll's from memory, but rarely does, even with a registry hack.

Give it a try and see if it's OK by restarting.

Yeah, it resets back to a small amount of memory when I restart, but I really dont think I should have to restart serveral times a day. I havnt heard of this problem from any other Windows 7 user, and Microsoft should know that a large portion of its users DO leave their computers on all the time. I tried ending the audiodg.exe process and restarting it manually to see if that worked, but I just had no sound when I did that... Could it be a program using audiodg.exe excessively? Its post processing for audio I believe...

Yes, audiolog runs on every Windows machine

You can ask around, but I'll bet you''ll find ,most people do restart at least once a day.

Just my opinion.

I'll leave mime on just for the Hello of it, to see if audiolog raises MBs as you started.

Get back to you later.

Also, what is the exact make and model of your sound card? And what driver version are you running?

Maybe Canadians are different then =P All of my friends (be it computer power users or not) rarely restart their computers. I Fold as well so that's another reason I rarely restart.

I have included my exact sound card model in my details, sorry I didnt include it before. Im using the integrated sound card on the Asus P5Q Pro, ALC1200.

You don;t notice any slowdown or jerky mouse movements after an uptime of five days?

I realize servers are up all the time, but they are not worked on like the typical PC user uses his/her computer.

My experiment failed as I have my computers, DirectTV, and Home-Theater equipment on a line conditioner and we just had a spike in voltage, which made my Windows 7 restart.

Have to try it gain I guess.

Was hoping a regular poster would jump in and give their opinion.

No, No slowdown or jerky mouse movements... and I have a Razer Lachesis with 4000DPI so I would notice the jerky mouse for sure. I think my computer can usually just take it for the periods I have it on for. 5 Days is usually a short ammount of time to have my computer on for... Im usually up there around the 30 day mark when I restart.

To Everyone:

I had the same problem on my Core2 Laptop while using Windows 7 64bit...
and i'm happy to tell you, that Microsoft solved it:

Get from them KB [FONT=&quot]981013[/FONT]

you have to download it manually - special versions for all Windows versions available. It won't be offered via Automatic Update, only on request!

My Lap is running fine again, no problems anymore when audiodg.exe is started!

Good luck to everyone.

I have the same problem, and KB981013 will not install. Running win7 SP1 64bit, AMD 9650 quad core, 8gb memory, ASUS motherboard, VIA high-def audio. I have seen as high as 4gb sucked up by audiodg. Memory is leaking; allocation starts out small and steadily grows. The x64 hotfix reports that the patch does not apply to me. Stopping and restarting audio services does free the memory. Microsoft does not seem the least bit interested in correcting this rather glaring flaw. Does anybody have any more suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom