Windows 7 Backlight turns off

bozarjp

I am running windows 7 32 bit on my macBook in bootcamp. when I boot into the windows partition after a few minutes the screen's backlight will turn off and I can't get it to come back on with out restarting the computer. As far as I can tell the back light turning off has nothing to do with what I am doing at the time because I am always do ing something diffrent when it happens. It also never happens at the same time, as in it isn't that after 3 min the screen will shut off, sometimes it will work for 30 min others 2. The problem dosen't happen when I am in safe mode so I asume that it is program that is making it do that. I usaly have steam running but it has done it without that running aswell. Has anyone experienced a simmilar problem or have any idea what might be done to fix it?

I have tried setting diffrent resolutions (I was just trying things) and I set the backlight to never turn off just incase there might be a problem with the timer on that. Other than that I have not done much other than search for an answer online.

Back