Windows 7 Bad Display Resolution.

EzeAris

Well my pc had broke so it's on the warranty. My uncle give me a PC to use until my is as new, i couldn't resist... format-c install 7 :D.

The PC:

HD --> 80GB
RAM -->512MB
Graphics --> ATI Radeon 200 Xpress
Processor --> Intel Pentium D 3.0 GHz

Windows 7 it's working perfect, it's the build 7229.. but the fools of ATI didn't make drivers of the radeon for Windows 7. Vista drivers aren't working, so i don't have aero.. well i can live without it, but the display drivers aren't working (i'm supossing that its related with the graphics) so i can't use my resolution 1680*1050..

My Question: ¿There's a driver (Windows 7 compatible) that works on that resolution? I have tried installing the one of my display (SyncMaster 2032nw) but isn't working.

Unfortunately,

I have a similar problem with my cheap $399.0 E-Machine.

The onboard Nvidia card went bad (lost it's blue color), so I installed a ATI Radeon 7100 with a paltry 64MB of memory and could not locate drivers anywhere.

I'm stuck in 1024 x 768 using the VGA Save driver.

Your best bet would be to go to the manufacturer's site of the brand of PC you are using.

NICE catch loathe!!!

I had no idea Windows Update catalog had driver updates.

Hope it works for the OP

I couldn't find a driver for mine however, only 2000, XP, and Server 2003.

Well, i have downloaded the one from Windows Update.. but i don't know how to install it.. I tried it with the Hardware Manager ("Administrador de Dispositivos" in Spanish) but it didn't recognised it..

I'm trying with the ones of the other website.

Well, i have downloaded the one from Windows Update.. but i don't know how to install it.. I tried it with the Hardware Manager ("Administrador de Dispositivos" in Spanish) but it didn't recognised it..

I'm trying with the ones of the other website.

It should download and install automatically, then all that is required is a restart.

No, that drivers haven't work =S.

The Report of the instalation: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Well, i have downloaded the one from Windows Update.. but i don't know how to install it..
Do you mean the Windows catalog link I posted? I just downloaded it and I see what you mean. Looks like you have to do it manually. Ok, well here is what I would do. Go to the device manager and unistall the display driver. Reboot. When you get back into Windows, make sure you have activated Windows and then run Windows update. Finally, reboot again.

Yes, that's what i had done but it didn't work.. after download 5 drivers i found one that, while i was extracting, it gives me an error.. i delete the broken file and extract the other files, later download manager.. update driver.. and it was working!

Thanks to everyone!

Now.. i can't believe i'm running aero, and 7 it's running very well with just 512 RAM. Windows 7 it's great.

Greetings from Argentina.

Back
Top Bottom