Windows 7 Bad_pool_caller with minidump file included

dbeshero

View attachment Minidump.zip

So I ran the latest minidump file through windows debugger and it pointed me to Wdf01000.sys as the culprit. I've read online that this is sometimes not the real problem but I don't know how to decipher anything else from the minidump file. It would be awesome if someone could help me out.

I had this problem about a month ago and I re-installed various drivers and it went away...or so I thought.

Thanks for any help that can be given!

EDIT: I should also mention that it only blue screens after I wake the machine after it goes to sleep. It doesn't always blue screen when being woken but that is the only time that it happens.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Six Dump files. All very similar if not identical
DUMP FILE 062412-33056-01.dmp
Code:
[U][B]BugCheck C2,[/B][/U] {7, 109b, 4040015, fffffa8011316430}
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\[COLOR=#ff0000][U][B]PaeFireStudio.sys[/B][/U][/COLOR], Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: [U][B]Unable to verify timestamp for PaeFireStudio.sys[/B][/U]
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PaeFireStudio.sys
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800038bf100
[U][B]Probably caused by : [COLOR=#ff0000]PaeFireStudio.sys [/COLOR][/B][/U]( PaeFireStudio+25f2c )
To:
DUMP FILE 081912-37752-01.dmp and everything in between
Code:
[U][B]BugCheck C2,[/B][/U] {7, 109b, 4040015, fffffa800d3f87f0}

Unable to load image PaeFireStudio.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for [COLOR=#ff0000][U][B]PaeFireStudio.sys[/B][/U][/COLOR]
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PaeFireStudio.sys
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003902100
[U][B]Probably caused by : [COLOR=#ff0000]PaeFireStudio.sys[/COLOR] [/B][/U]( PaeFireStudio+25f2c )
http://www.presonus.com/
So....... Why don't we start there, by removing the device and uninstalling the associated software and double checking C:\Windows\System32\Drivers and making sure the driver is no longer present on the machine and see if the Blue Screens stop and the machine becomes more stable.
If so then my suggestion would be to contact the vendor and see if they have a more current version available or perhaps a patch or hotfix that might address the issue.
Keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

Last edited:
Ah the dreaded firestudio causing problems again. When I first built my PC 2 years ago, the firestudio was a pain to get working properly. Two years later, it starts blue screening me.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully this fixes it. The only problem is is that the BSOD might not happen for 2 weeks to begin with so it's going to be tough to determine if it really gets fixed.

The only problem is is that the BSOD might not happen for 2 weeks to begin with so it's going to be tough to determine if it really gets fixed.
These types of BSOD troubleshooting steps are often kind of a best guess at a given moment in time type scenario and can be a bit time consuming and not a little frustrating.
Patience and perseverance are your principle tools and it's a matter of time and having to start somewhere in order to advance the diagnostic process.
Thanks for the followup information and keep us posted.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom