Windows 10 Banned From Windows 10 Forum

rjordan

Hello all,
I accidently listed Windows 10 forum as spam on my email account. The message on my account says to contact support. But the contact link does not work. Is there an alternate way to contact support?

My email host is Yahoo. I was not banned from Yahoo, just the Windows 10 forum. It was the contact link on Windows 10 forum that does not work.

Last edited:
Hi rjordan,
I was looking around on my account, and I didn't see a "Contact Us" button or Email form. At the bottom left hand portion underneath your Post #1, there is a "REPORT" button. This might serve to alert the forum Admins of your problem. I've personally never had to use it here in 3 years. I would try it and see if you hear back in a day or two. If not, read below:

I would suggest that you send a PM (Private Message) to "kemical", he is one of the forum Admins I interact with regularly and is usually the point person for these kinds of inquiries. You should mention my username: "BIGBEARJEDI" in your PM to him along with the subject line of "HELP REQUEST ON BEING BANNED FROM FORUM" or something similar to reference this thread. kemical will then find this thread and attempt to help you get unbanned or whatever the problem is. He's been very helpful on multiple issues I've had here. :) If he doesn't have a fix right away, he will contact the appropriate folks who run the forum and get you help.

Ordinarily, Admins here don't like receiving unsolicited PMs or help requests on problems. But this is different as it's a problem with you not being able to access the forum with your account. Worst case, if he can't fix it they may just have you create a new username for the forum. You don't have a lot of profile history as a new user, so I don't see this as being a problem.

You may contact me again via this thread if you don't get a response from him in 48 hrs.

Good luck!:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Thanks bigbearjedi
I found away to correct my situation by contacting the Windows 7 forum and asking for help in contacting the windows 10 moderator on my behalf. When my message was seen, then a fellow named Brink had my account taken off the ban list.

Last edited:
You're welcome! With your forum account open in any browser, go to your Username at the top right of the forum home page; click on it and you will get a drop down menu called CONVERSATIONS. It will be amongst 2 columns of options including PERSONAL DETAILS, SIGNATURE, etc. Next, click on CONVERSATIONS, and in the middle right of the screen there is a Large Button called START A NEW CONVERSATION.
This will bring up the NEW PM BOX, and in the PARTICIPANTS box, type in "kem", which is the first 3 letters of kemical's username. A little box will pop up with his username and picture; click on that and it will populate the Participants box with kemical's username for you: it will look like this: *** Participants: kemical, ****
From there, put in a Title for the PM as I mentioned in my previous Post, and then type in your actual message into the Main Message window(that's the largest box with the character formatting bar above it to select fonts, attributes, etc.) There is a PREVIEW message button to show you how your message will look and you can make editing changes there such as spelling or grammar. Repeat process until you are happy with your message, and finally click the START A CONVERSATION button to send the message to your recipient, in this case, kemical.

That's all there is to it! :up: Using the speed-key search button in the Participants box is like using the To: button in most E-mail programs to access your address book or contacts already stored by your E-mail program. PM-ing people is an essential skill to have in using tech forums as they let you ask the Admins for help and have private communication with our other always helpful members! ;)

EDIT: I forgot to tell you to look in your Yahoo inbox for any responses back from kemical. Also, make sure you have removed us (Windows Forum) from your Block or Spam list. Even so, you should be checking your "junk mail" and "spam" folders in your Yahoo Mail account.

Good luck!:encouragement:
<<<BBJ>>>

Thanks bigbearjedi
I found away to correct my situation by contacting the Windows 7 forum and asking for help in contacting the windows 10 moderator on my behalf. When my message was seen, then a fellow named Brink had my account taken off the ban list.
>>>Hi again; Great! :up: Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for posting back and letting us know.
See you on the threads.
;)
BBJ

Back