Windows 8 Batman:Arkham Knight Steam Preload is up

brkkab

Excellent Member
Batman: Arkham Knight preload is now up on Steam. Preloading mine now. Also, Nvidia released new driver's for it today.

Now they stopped selling it as the performance is so bad for PC's at least anyway.. Glad i bought Witcher 3 instead.. :)

I'm not seeing all the issues that other's are. I do have the 30 fps bug, though.The Batgirl dlc through the Season Pass isn't out yet, either. Only Harley Quinn's story mode, 2 versions of Robin and 2 versions of Knightwing are available in the game for now. Atleast the pc version, while it was available.
I guess time will tell on how thing's go with it, though.
There's 2 different way's we can look at it.
A. RockSteady could take their sweet old time fixing it, as it's the last Batman game for them.
B. They could fix it fast to save bad publicity/business.
Warner Brother's atleast made a good move, by stopping all sale's of the pc game.
Maybe, this game will make all game developer's to start work on pc versions of their game's first. Then do the lower end/spec'd console version of the game.
This is going to start happening more, except it's going to be on Xbox One. When Microsoft put's Windows 10 on it. If they don't upgrade the older AMD Radeon HD 7*** series video card's in the new Xbox One's they roll out. They'll have plenty of graphics/game issue's on them, as Windows 10 has DirectX12 and so will most newer game's, once 10 start's shipping next month.
*There currently isn't any Nvidia or AMD video card out, that support's all or even half of DX12's features.

There currently isn't any Nvidia or AMD video card out, that support's all or even half of DX12's features
My currently installed Nvidia GTX680 already runs some DX12 features as the 3DMark DX12 benchmark shows. Have you tried it yourself yet? You do of course need to be running Windows 10 with a windows 10 graphics driver and of course a copy of 3Dmark but the results are quite spectacular:
dx12.JPG

I'm pretty sure a Fury or a 980 will be fine with DX12

Yes, I did run 3DMark Advanced in 10 with my 2 GTX 760's.
Doind so, I found out another 10 bug. 10 doesn't work with sli, yet. Not even with current Nvidia drivers installed. You eneable sli and your monitor light soes from (in my case blue to yellow) and becomes unusable. Thus requiring a new clean install of 10 and no sli enabled.
So far I've tried every 10 build in dual-boot on my desktop. 10 for me other than DX12 and Cortana, isn't a upgrade from how I have 8.1 Pro w/Media Center.
It's also funny that 10's upgrade thing in 8.1 shows no issues on my pc with hardware or software and is supposedly clear for the upgrade to it.
Yet, in 10 alot of my stuff doesn't work sli doesn't, iolo SystemMechanic doesn't. Belarc Advisor doesn't. I know for a fact my medical program I need to use won't until sometime in 2016. The 10 upgrade advisor misses all of this. Not reliable.
Then again, since January 10 has gone downhill rather fast. Each build is only concerned with new features, not fixing older previous build's bug's first.
At this point, I cancelled the upgrade to it.
I did a clean install of build 10130 on my laptop last Sunday. Worked great until Monday.The right side of the start menu was always blank after the install/activation. Then I restarted it and it went to non-stop bsod's.
I'm waiting until July 26-28th of next year before I mess with 10 again.

10 isn't so must have if you have Start8 and ModernMix in 8 or 8.1. If you have 7 HP/Professional or 8/8.1 Pro with the WMC addon you can watch/record tv.
Edge still doesn't work with password managers like Roboforum, LastPass.etc. WOT (Web OF Trust) won't work in it either, yet.
Cortana and DX12 are the only real upgrades in 10.

I'm not leaving my webcam on constantly just to speak to Cortana. SearchEverything suit's me just fine and it's fast.
The System Mechanic listed above come's from iolo Technologies itself. They started asking people last week if they were getting 10. They'll tell you it doesn't currently work.
10's Upgrade Advisor in 7 and 8.1 miss that one. What else is it purposely missing ????

Back