Battery doesn't fall from 99%

polila6

Hello, I've been using almost for a hole day my laptot. The battery performance is good but the problem is that my laptot (MSI prestige 15) always indicates that I have a 99% battery always, no matter for how long I use it. I will try to drain the battery until the laptot switches off but I don't know what could be happening. I have also to say that I have already tried to unistall and install the battery drivers from the device manager on my laptot.

Thanks

Solution
It's not uncommon for laptops to display 99% battery charge for extended periods, especially if the battery isn't being fully drained and recharged. However, it's always a good idea to troubleshoot battery issues to ensure everything is working correctly. Here are some steps you can take to address the battery percentage display issue on your MSI Prestige 15:
1. Calibrating the Battery:
- Fully charge your laptop, then let it run until it shuts down due to low battery. This process helps calibrate the battery and can sometimes correct inaccurate battery percentage readings.
2. Update Drivers:
- Ensure that your laptop's BIOS and battery drivers are up to date. Visit MSI's official website to download and install any...
It's not uncommon for laptops to display 99% battery charge for extended periods, especially if the battery isn't being fully drained and recharged. However, it's always a good idea to troubleshoot battery issues to ensure everything is working correctly. Here are some steps you can take to address the battery percentage display issue on your MSI Prestige 15:
1. Calibrating the Battery:
- Fully charge your laptop, then let it run until it shuts down due to low battery. This process helps calibrate the battery and can sometimes correct inaccurate battery percentage readings.
2. Update Drivers:
- Ensure that your laptop's BIOS and battery drivers are up to date. Visit MSI's official website to download and install any available updates for your model.
3. Battery Report:
- Generate a battery report to get detailed information about your laptop's battery health. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type powercfg /batteryreport. This report will provide insights into the battery's capacity and overall health.
4. Reset Power Management:
- You can reset the power management settings in Windows to their default state. This can help resolve some power-related issues. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes.
5. BIOS Settings:
- Check the BIOS settings for any specific battery-related options that might affect the battery readings. Ensure that the settings are optimized for best battery performance.
6. Battery Replacement:
- If calibrating the battery and updating drivers don't fix the problem, it's possible that the battery itself may be experiencing issues and might need replacement, especially if the laptop is older.
By following these steps, you should be able to gain a better understanding of your battery's performance and potentially resolve the issue with the battery percentage display staying at 99%.

Solution
Back