Windows 7 battlefield 2 crashing to windows while playing

mad boy

Hello,
I have windows 7 x64 on my home computer, I recently installed bf2 and started playing, The game starts o.k and it aloud me to register to my user,and even play, but after 3-8 minutes the game crashes to windows.
I have read all the threads about screen refresh rate, changed it to 60,and even 75 hz in the ccc,it still crushes, got into the video.com and changed it there,the game still crashed,
I tried playing the singleplayer,and then,the game didn't crash,
i thought it might be a problem with the p.b so i updated it,and still,nothing,the game crashes as usual.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Yea sounds like Punkbuster alright

Basically you need to create proper firewall rules for IN & OUT for punkbuster A & B, which are located in Windows\sysWOW64. Run the "Advanced Firewall" (click start and type advanced and you'll see link to it), the files to add are called PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe, usually windows add the inbound rule and doesn't make one for outbound which causes the service to boot you from online games after a few minutes when it fails checks.

can you give me the exact instructions please,because i simply added the pba and pbb and it still crashes,perhaps i did it wrong..

Recently installed apps that crash for no good reason after running properly for a couple mins makes me suspect heat/cooling issues, fragmented disk, etc..

If you run a stress test, like 3DMark (Video), or Orthos (CPU/RAM), does the app crash to the desktop after 30 mins?

Does ANYTHING else crash?

BF2 uses a different .exe for MP/Single player, so blaming it on punk buster alone isn't entirely fair, even though I think punk buster is TOTAL Orwellian garbage and should have never been invented much less adopted by the publishers.

Hello,
I have windows 7 x64 on my home computer, I recently installed bf2 and started playing, The game starts o.k and it aloud me to register to my user,and even play, but after 3-8 minutes the game crashes to windows.
I have read all the threads about screen refresh rate, changed it to 60,and even 75 hz in the ccc,it still crushes, got into the video.com and changed it there,the game still crashed,
I tried playing the singleplayer,and then,the game didn't crash,
i thought it might be a problem with the p.b so i updated it,and still,nothing,the game crashes as usual.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Hi madboy,
just in case your running a 5 series card AMD recently released a driver that addresses issues with the above game: ATICatalyst10.4Preview

can you give me the exact instructions please,because i simply added the pba and pbb and it still crashes,perhaps i did it wrong..

IN and OUT pages should look like this picture
firewall.JPG

I have succefully did the pnkbstra and pnkbstrb stuff,still didn't work,i made them as administrator,didn't go, i watched a clip on youtube which explained to make this commands as a .bat file and run in parallel to the game
:start
sc config pnkbstrA type= own type interact
sc config pnkbstrB type= own type interact
timeout 60
goto start

still didn't work, the problem is that the game is running fine, but it still kicks me out of the server after 3-5 min.

hello,
i have seen the site that you talled me to,but i didn't understand what they wanted from me,can you manually explain how can i do it,without payin' that amount of money?

HUH? Portforwarding.com is a FREE resource, as for how to guides, you need to lookup your routers model and go from there. Most games list the ports required to be added in manuals or on the games own forums sites, I believe reading up on the subject is always better than being handfed the answer as you never learn from a hand fed answer and when dealing with critical settings like router configs, well it's best to know everything rather than just the bit you need.

Portforward.com offers a noobs section link If you do not know exactly what you are doing or are having problems, Start Here.

Last edited:
i have opened all of the ports and still it kickes me out of the game
what can be the problem?

It's worth noting you should install 1.41 and 1.50 patches first, as without them I find the game crashes frequently on Windows 7.:D

Check the event logs for anything related to the application crash.
Technical information could greatly help us out here.

Try running the game with only one stick of RAM installed. If the game runs fine on one stick and not the other then you know you got a bad stick.

first of all trust me,both sticks are fine :)
second of all i just tried installing the 1.41 version and then the 1.5 and the game won't even start,i searched all over google and couldn't find the sollution,can any1 help me?

Back
Top Bottom