Windows 8 Belarc Advisor, tells you everything about your computer!

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I was going to add this to a post from someone who didn't have any COA sticker on their computer telling them what their Windows 8 registration number was, but I thought that other people might be interested too.

I know that most of the people here are familiar with Belarc Advisor but this is for those who aren't aware of it, here's some info about it.

I have had Belarc Advisor on my computer for years, (I think going clear back to Windows XP) and it doesn't do anything.

What is does do is tell you everything about your computer.

It will tell you what your Windows serial number is and the serial number of all the other software on your computer.

It will tell you if your updates are, up to date.

It will even tell you the serial number on your sticks of ram!

It will show warning symbols for things it thinks need attention but only if you look at it.
It doesn't do anything except show you information, it's not a virus scanner or tune up app.

I've found it very handy at times finding lost registration numbers, etc.
You will probably find out things you didn't even know about your computer.

Here's a link to their web site.

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration information on your computer. Software license management, IT asset management, cyber security audits, and more.

It also makes you think about how much information a hacker could find in you computer.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back