Windows 7 Black Flash at Welcome Screen

This link seems to have some possible solutions so might be worth trying one or two?

Link Removed - Invalid URL

hi,
I have the exact same problem as InNewtonITrust (only that my screen flashes twice at the logon screen).
The link you provided Kemical does not work, does not exist anymore, so could someone please help?

Hi emp, thanks for the pm. :)
Are the flashes very quick? I just wonder if it has anything to do with your graphic drivers.. Which solution do you use and is the driver up to date? Plus if a few copies are left on it may be causing the flashing your seeing.

Do you use dual monitors? This could be a cause and it's normal with dual monitors.

I’d suggest you to open event viewer and check if there are any significant error messages/codes related to the issue.

Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Refer the following Microsoft article for more information on event viewer:

What information appears in event logs (Event Viewer)?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

hi again,
first of all thanks for the help and suggestions, Kemical and zvit.

-Kemical
yes i would say the flashes are very quick, the screen is black for about 1 second or less and then back to the logon screen, then it repeats.
Even though I have the newest graphic drivers installed, I reinstalled them after reading your comment...just in case. I always do it via Control Panel and then uninstall the program, I am not sure if this way deletes all the files and data of the program. However when I uninstalled my Nvidia driver, my notebook was faster after the reboot/restart for some reason. Windows claimed it has "installed new drivers" but when I checked the control panel I could not see the Nvidia drives or anything that has to do with Nvidia. So I proceeded as usual and installed the drivers manually and after this reboot my notebook was slower than before. It took 10 seconds, if not longer to boot and windows itself felt slower. I didnt expect that. Nevertheless the flashes are gone at the logon screen but now it takes longer to boot up. I would have never thought a reinstall would fix these flashes. Oh by the way I uninstalled all that Asus stuff you get with the notebook as well (I dont know, it might have something to do with the flashes).
Thanks again for the simple but yet effective advice.

-Zvit
well I am planning on using my monitor since my notebook screen has only 14inch but I havent used my monitor yet. But there have been tons of errors, the majority of them are:
"Activiation context generation failed for "C:\Windows\system\S6000Dex.dll". Dependent Assembly"

Last edited:
S6000Dex.dll should be related to a USB web cam. If you don't have one installed, this dll might be spyware. You should do some scans.

hmm well I dont have a USB one but I have an integrated one in my notebook. So I will probably scan it for spyware. Thanks Zvit. And I will take a look at that Kemical, looks interesting. Thanks again.

Back