Windows 7 Black screen at boot

Memphiz

Hello,

I have a problem when booting up Windows 7.
When I boot, I see the 4 particles, but after that, i get a black screen with my mouse cursor, but that's all.
If i wait for about 7 minutes, i get the login screen and everything works fine.
I haven't installed anything or done anything that could cause this.

Is this normal? I hope not because i hate waiting :p

I have read some other topics that seemed to be almost the same problem as mine. Some say you have to get a new videodriver. have done that, didn't
work. Restoring to a restore point didn't work either.

It is a dual boot (win xp/win 7) (maybe usefull information
nerd.png
)

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Mine hangs on the logo. I've had this sporadic problem since testing software. If it's not a standard keyboard it might be the driver. Try uninstalling and rebooting it should reload the driver unless you have a driver for it. That seems to help mine.
Joe

If it's not a standard keyboard it might be the driver. Try uninstalling and rebooting it should reload the driver unless you have a driver for it.
Joe

What do you mean by that? My english is not very well... sorry for that :rolleyes:

I mean these keyboards that attach with a USB connection and have extra buttons to open email and other things. Usually the Makers like Dell HP and Gateway use those. I opened the Device manager ( right click and run as administrator) click on keyboards mine shows 2 HID keyboard device and Standard PS/2 keyboard. I just right clicked on the first one and selected uninstall and rebooted. and it was replaced and problem appears to be gone.
Joe

Mine only shows one keyboard (Standard-PS/2-keyboard)

My keyboard hasn't got those buttons for mail etc.

I think I'd create a system restore point and try uninstalling the driver like in my previous post and rebooting.
Joe

i also don't have a keyboard with a usb connection...

but why would a keyboard cause this problem?? I was thinking about RAM and Videocard or something

It might be some unrelated software causing problem with the keyboard driver. Mine just started a couple weeks ago. Now if install new or update existing software it seems to mess it up. Deleting the keyboard driver and rebooting fixes it. It doesn't cost anything to try this and it's quick and easy to do.
Joe

Back