Windows 10 Black screen issue after using Pc for 5-7 mins of use

Sagar169

I installed windowns 10 on a newly build Pc and after I switched on Pc and started to install mother board drivers(its not coz of motherboard driver),my screen goes black then goes back to normal but with no mouse,apps running on backgroud but no GUI on screen,after I restart PC the monitor stays black and I have to re-install windows in order to use it,but it goes back to that state in 5-10 mins
I have tried re-installing windows 7 time
I have re downloaded windows
Still no success

Sent from my iPhone using Windows Forums mobile app

A black screen generally indicates a problem with a graphics driver. Are you sure your motherboard is compatible with Windows 10? Are you able to boot into safe mode?

On self-built PCs we require full HW specs in order to advise you further; Make/Model of Mobo; RAM Sticks, CPU chip, GPU card/chip, Hard Drive, PSU Make/Model/Wattage.

Have you tested all of your hardware? With what diagnostics?

<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

Hi

My gut feeling is that if you have installed Windows repeatedly and get the same result that this is some kind of hardware issue.

Unfortunately I can't even guess at what it could be.

If you can, try and boot into safe mode so nothing is loaded except the basics.
If it stops doing the black screen thing then you can add processes a few at a time until you find what it crashing your computer.

4 Ways to boot into Safe Mode in Windows 10 | Digital Citizen

If it still does it then I don't know what to tell you.

As BigBear says a complete list of components would make it a lot easier to speculate on what's going wrong.

Mike

I would suggest clearing your CMOS, as that has helped me a lot of the time with issue when installing drivers.
The most likely case is a hardware issue, as it only happens when you go install your motherboard driver. Does it work with Windows 7 or does it have a Black Screen?

Clearing the CMOS is a High-Risk maneuver; and even if the OP has advanced tools to backup his CMOS, it might leave his computer unbootable!! :noway: If you decide you've tried everything else, this should be a last resort approach! AND, make sure go into your CMOS BIOS first and write down every single setting on every screen possible; this is typically 60-200 settings and it can take an hour or two to do this with pen or pencil and paper. Alternatively, you can get out your Camera Phone and take pictures of each and every option screen first. If your computer still won't boot, you can go back into CMOS BIOS and reset all your settings to their original values from your notes or your photos on your phone.

If it still doesn't work, your Motherboard could be borked or your hard drive may not be recognized by BIOS, or it died. :waah: In any of these scenarios I suggest you take your computer to your local repair shop and pay a Tech to find out what's wrong and fix it for you.

<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>> :lightbulb:

Back
Top Bottom